92 MANUAL black sc for sale in Georgia

92stockbird

For sale is a 1992 T Bird 5 Speed, Black with Black Leather, sc. GA. Car no rust. New brakes, Booster, calipers, rotors on Front, pads, rear shoes, Brake wheel cylinders and Hardware. Trans is m5r2 from a 94/95 Has synchromesh. Needs FORD Friction modifier.
Moon roof. Replaced motor. New led tail light. Dis module. Seats from a 1993 sc Have the originals with seat tracks, if you want to replace The leather. 145 mph speedo. New Speedometer, and odometer gear from SCP, NEW Speed sensor. NEW clutch,
Pressure plate, throw out bearing, But needs more air bled out. If you are local, we can take it back To coupe performance and they'll
Bleed it. All 3 serpentine belts are new. NO knocking or tapping. If you look at it and want to hear it run, I will Include the optima red top from My mustang.
Guess is 190,000. Title says 179,000. Title was Junk/Salvage. I spent a Franklin for a clear Title. I have receipts For what I've done. Nothing prior.
Needs tie rods, which I'm trying to
Replace, so it is not recommended to drive it. Needs the blower resistor, ball joints. Radiator Fan is slow. Window motors click but don't
Go up or down arm rest needs replacement. Someone tried bolts to fix the arm rest.
I have probably forgotten something.
Asking $2,500 obo. Cash. If you come look at it and hear it run, or if I get the tie rods replaced, drive it, then maybe we can play Pawn Stars, or just agree on a price.

Attachments

• IMG_20160211_175932.jpg
    IMG_20160211_175932.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_20160211_181305.jpg
    IMG_20160211_181305.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_20160211_181227.jpg
    IMG_20160211_181227.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_20160211_181322.jpg
    IMG_20160211_181322.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_20160211_181055.jpg
    IMG_20160211_181055.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:
The side with the nose facing the camera is driver side, n the other side pic is passenger. Where are you located?

Last edited:
$2500? I think you should reconsider... $800 tops. I mean, it's pretty rough with a salvage title, needs quite a bit of work to be right even mechanically and pretty high miles which you're unsure of.

Sorry to sound like a douche.

Last edited:
like he said........you'll never get that much for your car. Take some time and look at the other posts here for running , driving nice cars that languish for months or just don't sell for the price you're asking. And a salvage title, at least in Florida that means it never sees the road again, parts only.

Last edited:
Rebuilt m5r2 by mike Puckett for save

like he said........you'll never get that much for your car. Take some time and look at the other posts here for running , driving nice cars that languish for months or just don't sell for the price you're asking. And a salvage title, at least in Florida that means it never sees the road again, parts only.

The title is clear. I paid a Franklin for a clear title. The only reason the car is undriveable is due to the inner tie rods. And I have those. It needs ball joints the radiator fan, or relay, window motors, and blower resistor, and a lower door hinge. Does not knock or tap. If you would please, read the post again. There seems to be some confusion somewhere. No, I do not believe anyone sounds like a douche.

As the OP said, for comparison there's a more than halfway decent SC on here w/ 153k on the clock, always had a clear title that only really needs a paint job, a somewhat recent engine rebuild and they're asking $1250... I've been bugging the hell out of him and he's not responding.

We hear you bud, you've done some work and the drivetrain may be in good shape but with everythig that it needs (cosmetic and mechanical), $2500 is just not realistic. Sorry.

Yes Sir! Drum brakes! I can start high and go down. NOONE is going to bid up, if I start low.
This car was a LOT worse, and the guy I bought it from gave $900.00 for it. He thought it needed a valve job.
I replaced the DIS module, and it runs great.
The trans crunched in the usual suspect gears, and I replaced it. Nary a WHISPER from the trans.
The clutch was SHOT. I replaced that. The brake booster hissed at me. I replaced that .Coupe Performance did the work. The moon roof wouldn't open, replaced the motor. The speedometer didn't work. Got the better gear from SCP, and a speedometer sensor, and fixed that. The car was like this when HE bought it.

I do NOT expect to get $2500.00 for her, but as I said, I can go down, not up.
If these cars are not worth anything, then WHY BOTHER?!?

Last edited:
It needs ball joints the radiator fan, or relay, window motors, and blower resistor, and a lower door hinge.

Motor mounts look like they need replace, too? Definitely paint. Are both front corners orange or clear? Seal for the cowls to the body in the engine bay. And the fan relay is in the IRCM, so... At least one door panel. No idea what the deal with drums is all about must have been retro-fitted when the booster went in...didn't the '92 5.0s come with drums? Not even sure this thing started life as an SC. Photo of the VIN plate might clear some things up, but w/juggled title, who knows.

Last edited:
I have driven a car with bad motor mounts. The engine would lift and come down hard. If that is what the sc mm does, then these may be sagging, i really dont know, but it is smooth, no engine drop. Coupe performance had the car, and didn't say anything. The car had drums when I got it, so I thought it came that way. Someone on here said that every sc has a one of feature, and that no two SCS are alike. I had run a free report, and it came back as an sc. Also, we have to give the Vin to the insurance co. Sc. Also, the corner lights r yellow. The plastic cowl is from a salvage yard, I was trying to find a good gasket for under the plastic as the one on the car is broken. Had to quit when I lost my job, which is why I'm selling the Car.

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any year Thunderbird SC being equipped with rear drum brakes and for the life of me I can't think of any reason why anyone would switch out rear disc brakes for a drum brake setup.

The ABS is gone. Apparently someone replaced it. Would they have replaced the rear disks for drums??

No idea what the deal with drums is all about must have been retro-fitted when the booster went in...didn't the '92 5.0s come with drums? Not even sure this thing started life as an SC. Photo of the VIN plate might clear some things up, but w/juggled title, who knows.

Rear drums were standard on all Base/LX birds from 89-95. 4 wheel disk w/ ABS was an option. All SC's received 4 wheel disk/ABS from beginning to end.

Rear drums were standard on all Base/LX birds from 89-95. 4 wheel disk w/ ABS was an option. All SC's received 4 wheel disk/ABS from beginning to end.

Who would change from disks to drums, and go to an entire sc set up?

Last edited:
Back