95 SC Boost problem need HELP PLEASE!!!

95FDNYSC

I just bought a clean 95 SC car runs and drives great . the problem I'm having is that the gauge never goes to boost.
It idles at 10-15 vacuum, when I'm driving it never goes past. ZERO .
I put another boost gauge and its the same thing.
any ideas would be greatly appreciated

It must have some boost if "runs & drives great". My experience has been they run like crap if coupler breaks or belt off.

The suction you already know as vacuum, so while you have the car running and your finger on the line does it pressurize when you quickly open the throttle to create boost. If it has pressure the gauge is leaking.
I'm assuming you're checking the vacuum at the nipple connecting to the gauge

Does it have full power, or does it fall on its face when you get on the gas? If you really had no boost, it would feel severely underpowered! Did the car recently have a bunch of work done? Like maybe head gaskets or something? I’m thinking maybe someone hooked the vacuum lines up wrong, and if the line is going to a vacuum port on the inlet of the supercharger, it will read pretty much normal manifold vacuum, but never boost.

Make sure the vacuum/boost plastic tubing begins at the rear side of the rear intake manifold plenum, located to the right side of the brake booster and downstream from the long intercooler tube. This vacuum/boost tube is located to the left side of engine centerline, near the firewall/cowl, underneath the wiper motor tray. It's not easy to see it without removing the drivers side black cowl panel.

Does it have full power, or does it fall on its face when you get on the gas? If you really had no boost, it would feel severely underpowered! Did the car recently have a bunch of work done? Like maybe head gaskets or something? I’m thinking maybe someone hooked the vacuum lines up wrong, and if the line is going to a vacuum port on the inlet of the supercharger, it will read pretty much normal manifold vacuum, but never boost.
No work that I know has been done. It doesn’t lack any power at all Guess I’m going to get a smoke machine at this point.

Make sure the vacuum/boost plastic tubing begins at the rear side of the rear intake manifold plenum, located to the right side of the brake booster and downstream from the long intercooler tube. This vacuum/boost tube is located to the left side of engine centerline, near the firewall/cowl, underneath the wiper motor tray. It's not easy to see it without removing the drivers side black cowl panel.
Ok thanks I’ll see it tomorrow I’ll keep u posted
Get a piece of wire or a zip tie and hold the bypass valve in the closed position, and see if that makes any boost.
did it and no change
I’ll try that tomorrow I’ll keep u posted
didn’t work

Back