95 self brake bleeding

89tird

Hey guys, I just swapped to mark viii front brakes ( calipers, brackets, pads, rotors), I still havent bled the system, the bleeders are frozen on the calipers, the pedal goes all the way to the floor, Can I bleed the brakes by my self ? how?

I need to do this tomorrow, I read that I need this tool T90P-50-ALA.. are the 93 and 95 brakes the same ? I did them without the tool on my 93.

thanks in advance.:D

you can bleed them by yourself if you can get them loose just loosen the bleeder and put a short hose on it to run it into a bottle of brake fluid so the end of the hose is submerged in the fluid then make sure you have plenty of fluid in the reservoir and pump the brakes.

if you really cant get them loose then you will have to use the brake line bolt on the caliper, it would be much easier with an assistant to pump the pedal but I have used a low amount of compressed on a metal plate (drill a hole in a metal plate then tap it and screw in your hose fitting) then use that on top of the reservoir to push fluid (and air) out the bolt hole. Do one at a time, keep fluid in the reservoir and it would be much better to get the bleeder loose so you can get all the air out.

I don't know about any tool or if the brakes are the same I have a 93 also

thanks for the quick reply, that sounds good, ill give it a try tomorrow.

another thing I just noticed my l/h caliper leaking through where the hose connects, I think I need new brass washers. Do you know if I could get them at the auto parts ?

im sure any decent auto store would have brass washers, although i did have someone steal one off my 94 f150. It is amazing what some people will do, i think i picked one up at ace (which was about 150 yards away from where my truck was sitting!) some brake fluid and some bleeding and i was on my way still ticked off tho.

Thanks for all your help man!!, Just finished bleeding them like you said and it stops on a dime :D

You can physically bleed the system but you can't get any air trapped in the ABS Unit itself out without using the special tool. Basically is causes the pump to run and cycles the solenoid valves in the valve block to ensure the unit is air-free.

The Shop Manual says if you had the brake system open you should do the ABS Unit purge using the tool or entrapped air can work itself loose and cause a spongy pedal. Your car...your choice.

All cars equipped with the Teves Mark IV ABS system which for SC's would be the 93-95 model years. The 89-92 had the Teves Mark II System which only requires the ignition key to be on to bleed the rear brakes...no special tool.

I bought mine on eBay for around $100. Thexton makes one as well. I was going to say that the dealer COULD do it if they had the tool but by the time you paid their shop rate for doing it you could buy the tool yourself.

Back