a little bored tonight...

:Dvalve covers are possible... but damn! the SC valve covers are the worst! MAGNESIUM sucks! i tried it... the steel ones are a different thing.. but those are rare enough as it is...

yes its possible. no i wouldnt do them. too many bad experiences with them...

powder coat rocks jim! not trying to make a business out of it.. but a nice hobby... :D

darkstar-one

From what I have seen of your work I would make a business out of it powder coating SC parts. I think once they look at take notice of your work to me the last pictures are quality work. I am very serious you got talent keep up with it maybe post in a SCCoA forum Super Coupe Powder Coating or one of them pop up logo links like Magnum Powers

Looks very good

ha ha, thanks, but im just trying to keep it as a hobby, i might go into the military and become a CHP officer, or a NHP officer..

ha ha, thanks, but im just trying to keep it as a hobby, i might go into the military and become a CHP officer, or a NHP officer..

CHP officer

We have a friend we built a Fe 427 with Shelby aluminum heads for his Kit Cobra real nice guy he is a CHP. We took it down Interstate I5 from Elk Grove to Hood Rd. he nailed it 135mph before we got to the exit in the bone chilling cold night. Question how much would you charge to powder coat an FE 427 Lakewood bell housing black? it has blowback supports with chassies flanges

pm me a picture of it... :D...

yeah the next 6 months will definetely determine what i am in life... :eek:

Thanks

Can you send me an e-mail to j.demmitt@att.net ? I can attach a picture to it real easy. I think CHP officer would be good all the benifits and retirement. This bell housing is setup with a hydraulic release bearing and has double disck clutch with Lenco 4 speed. He had it painted but like to have it powder coated gloss black

I showed him your work he likes it a talented person and as a hobby is neat. I might be able to drum up you some bussness with my fellow Pro Drag Racers here on the West Coast

pm me a picture of it... :D...

yeah the next 6 months will definetely determine what i am in life... :eek:

dark_star

I will post a few pictures here in your thread of the bell housing I think this thread is good and a real neat deal as an SC person. It gives others ideas or maybe they like something powder coated by you. Will post in a few hang tight

dark_star

Here you go

This is the bell housing needs to be stripped and powder coated gloss black. I will remove the hydraulic release bearing assembly if you could send a total price to my e-mail address it would be very much appreciated

P.S. This bell housing you might be doing is out of the worlds quickest and fastest FE 427 Ford T/S car of Bob Johnson

Last edited:
email sent!

Thank You

Return e-mail sent plus you will be sent the following below, and we at SBR appreciate your time and effort in helping us. To all els looking in on this thread please forward dark-star any powder coating projects you might be interested in having him do

West Coast Top Sportsman (contacts)

West Coast Pro Mod (contacts)

Bob Johnson Performance (Contacts)

Super Chevy Nitro Coupe (Contacts)

Last edited:
i got a question for ya. How do you do the powder coating? like how do you bake it? In your hosehold oven? or in those huge ovens like you see on tv when they show them actually powder coating stuff? Because i am looking into doing this myself and i know they have a kit out there somewhere on how you can do it in your oven. Just don't use one you cook food in every day lol.

i got a question for ya. How do you do the powder coating? like how do you bake it? In your hosehold oven? or in those huge ovens like you see on tv when they show them actually powder coating stuff? Because i am looking into doing this myself and i know they have a kit out there somewhere on how you can do it in your oven. Just don't use one you cook food in every day lol.

i always cook it in the one i use to bake a cake in...

no... you need a dedicated electrical oven... an electrical house oven will do.. i have mines in the garage... cost me around 50 bucks...

Back