ABS relay location

ARV90SC

Hey gents, got the red/yellow brake lights of death the other day. Coincidentally the day after I was cleaning the engine bay, staying solid, hard pedal.

The accumulator did need to be replaced, and the aBs motor would run every time I stepped on the brake, the lights would come on, but would go off right away.

So either this is all just bad timing with the motor or thinking I got an electrical issue somewhere after cleaning. but would like to start at the relay if I can find it.

Look back on the firewall, pass. side:
1678202544473.png

And be warned, separating the relay from the harness connector can be a task. Might be all you need to do is clean up green corrosion/moisture on the connector and relay tabs, but for my money, if it is original, I'd not put it back once it's out...spring for a new one.

Don't put dielectric past on the terminals, instead just use it to seal the mating area where the relay body touches the connector.

No joy there, locate the 4-wire motor power connector on the outside of the master cylinder - it sits in a round metal saddle, can't miss it. Pull it apart and look for corrosion there as well. Be careful to not bust any retaining tangs on the plastic connector.

Good luck.

Look back on the firewall, pass. side:
View attachment 97968

And be warned, separating the relay from the harness connector can be a task. Might be all you need to do is clean up green corrosion/moisture on the connector and relay tabs, but for my money, if it is original, I'd not put it back once it's out...spring for a new one.

Don't put dielectric past on the terminals, instead just use it to seal the mating area where the relay body touches the connector.

No joy there, locate the 4-wire motor power connector on the outside of the master cylinder - it sits in a round metal saddle, can't miss it. Pull it apart and look for corrosion there as well. Be careful to not bust any retaining tangs on the plastic connector.

Good luck.
Thank you, do you know who sells these? Don’t think my parts store would have one.

Put the part number shown on the side in that image into a google search and see what comes back.

Put the part number shown on the side in that image into a google search and see what comes back.
Been trying to find an Answer all morning, I was about to order this, but saw some old threads that this relay is not the correct relay for the pump?

Attachments

• F5E8CFE7-B53F-4B13-9FA5-183AF25DBA31.jpeg
    F5E8CFE7-B53F-4B13-9FA5-183AF25DBA31.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 9
Back