Aftermarket Carpet Help.

Tim Groth

SCCoA Member
Buying a new carpet for this 1995 SC with Opal interior.

Apparently there is a back order on Opal colored carpet so I was sent the different options to change the order or ride it out.

Anyone know the next closest match. Here are the swatches I was sent. I'm trying to get this car into nice driver status so not too fired up about concourse restoration here. Factor in im color blind also so shade of colors do nadda for me.

https://www.factoryinteriors.com/material-sample-request/

TIA

-Tim

Last edited:
I would just get a black carpet. It looks good against a grey interior, and doesn't show mild dirt or stains, so for a driver it will be easier to maintain.

Can't help on a color choice, though I do like black carpet with a gray interior.

If you get carpet from there, I'm curious to the fit and finish of it. I'm seriously considering new carpet for my 90, just not sure where to go just yet.

I agree black carpet is a solid choice. Since I intend to sell this car once I am done I want to keep it as close to OE as possible to not detract a buyer...granted black carpet probably wouldn't cause much of an uproar.

I never realized there were so many shades of gray until I started this interior make over.

-Tim

I agree black carpet is a solid choice. Since I intend to sell this car once I am done I want to keep it as close to OE as possible to not detract a buyer...granted black carpet probably wouldn't cause much of an uproar.

I never realized there were so many shades of gray until I started this interior make over.

-Tim
I had bought the ACC before and took it out. The opal didn’t quite match, charcoal gray or any darker gray actually accents the car better than the monochromatic look Ford was going for in the 90s my car has mark VIII in black. Advise is to get all the upgrades. Backing and the upgraded fiber, the entry level stuff is not even close to original in quality.

I had bought the ACC before and took it out. The opal didn’t quite match, charcoal gray or any darker gray actually accents the car better than the monochromatic look Ford was going for in the 90s my car has mark VIII in black. Advise is to get all the upgrades. Backing and the upgraded fiber, the entry level stuff is not even close to original in quality.

I had it switched to black. My other cars all have black ...keep it going. Doubt a black carpets a deal breaker when selling. Just know how I work...trying to keep my mind on keeping it stock and not a show winner. Slippery slope.

I have mark viii in one early sc in another and the aftermarket black in my white car. If I recall it's as thin as miniature golf carpet greens. The other rug was beyond saving or reusing.

Thanks for the suggestion guys.

-Tim

My parts car came with what I believe is the cheapest version of the ACC carpet. It's very thin, kinda like mini golf carpet as mentioned above. I have a 94 and decided to use the black 93 SC carpet over the ACC and Mark VIII carpets I have. I can try to get pics of the quality of it if you guys want. I'd also be willing to let it go if you guys want to give it a shot.

The interior in my Pearl 95 car has the cheap version of the carpet..its maybe 1/4 in total thickness. Road noise and heat barrier from the lack of mass backing became a real issue on the power tour. No padding around the transmission tunnel especially. Remedied that withe adding some heat barrier below the carpet.

Again this car im fixing up is one I purchased for $500 in the for sale section. I've sold various spare parts to offset the costs of bought items to get it back to par condition. I suppose a new carpet no matter the level is far better than the crusty carpet it had. Most of the grey was actually brown from years of dirt.

Guess we will see soon enough.

-Tim

The interior in my Pearl 95 car has the cheap version of the carpet..its maybe 1/4 in total thickness. Road noise and heat barrier from the lack of mass backing became a real issue on the power tour. No padding around the transmission tunnel especially. Remedied that withe adding some heat barrier below the carpet.

Again this car im fixing up is one I purchased for $500 in the for sale section. I've sold various spare parts to offset the costs of bought items to get it back to par condition. I suppose a new carpet no matter the level is far better than the crusty carpet it had. Most of the grey was actually brown from years of dirt.

Guess we will see soon enough.

-Tim

I agree with the heat! Another reason I ended up with the mark rug. The fibers are more uniform and plush over the curly nappy a stocker had. Before discarding, bring it to the power wash bay highest power one and try to clean it up. Not sure how bad it will look after but maybe worth doing that over buying the ACC.

Back