Another Idle Problem Question

Ira R.

This isn't exactly a problem about the idle. The car will idle quite nicely at about 750-800 at a full stop. The problem is that if I don't coast into that full stop the idle falls off and the car will/may stall.

When I have to brake any harder then usual the rpm's fall off to about 500 and then it's a guess whether it will come back to idle or the engine will stall. Anyone know if there is something that can be done about this??

Ira

Mine kinda does that too. Idles fine but when coming to a stop, I have to keep an eye on the rpm's & make sure it doesn't stall. I do notice it more when braking harder or turning the steering wheel when coming to a stop.
I just bought a Quarterhorse & was hoping that may help me... once I figure it out how to use it!

dont unplug the maf unless you got pct load dialed in which i doubt

go up your daspot pre position you'll see in the stock cal its at .8 across the board, go up it to 1.6 at the top end and work your way down

then if need be go divide the dashpot decay by 3, should get you in the neighborhood

check your isc dc at idle, IIRC you had an issue with your tb blade leaking correct? its been a while so excuse me if im way off with your setup now

thats what i'd do

try to get the isc dc between 35-50 at idle if at all possible, probably not with that t/b issue you were having IIRC

shoot me a buzz on the mobile if need be

five oh four six oh six oh five three two

oh yeah forgot to mention you probably also need to dial in your idle air functions and the ithbma t/b airflow bypass scalar to get everything back into range again

not saying this is your fix, but when i was in Virginia my car to was doing a very similar thing. come to find it was my iac. i changed it out and instant fix. still dont know what or how it happened but it got a stick like chunk of resin or something and stabbed the plunger. rather than cleaning it out and attempting to use it i just replaced it.

Back