Any Good Mechanics around Baltimore MD?

cool dude

Does anybody know of any good mechanics who know the SC very well and have a shop or work at a shop around the Baltimore, MD area? Thanks.

Also, how to I go about changing my user name?

nickleman60

SCCoA Member
Chris Vinning, aka Blown38, lives in Dumfries, Va. which is about 1.5 hrs. away from Baltimore. He's very knowledgeable and could possibly be a source of help.

BLOWN38

SCCoA Member
I swapped this car from the NA v6 to a 4.2 SC. I just don't have the time anymore for anything but my own junk.

cool dude

That's understandable bro. Just tough finding someone in these parts. Mostly import and mustang guys. As soon as I tell a shop that it's a 95 SC motor but yet a 96 car, they get scared away by the whole OBD1 motor going in OBD2 car and computer being reprogrammed, etc. It's not there fault, just such strict policies within companies these days. I don't think I will tell any major shop it's a 95 SC motor anymore unless I need parts specifically for a 95 SC motor.

Worse case scenario, I'd have to take it to an SCT Performance Shop to get any bugs worked out.

Mercury267

Reply...

Hey, I'm in Baltimore too. As far as a user name change - it's a no go. Says you've only got 16 posts though, so just make a new account.