AOD to AODE/4R70W Swap questions. ..

ecyrbh

I'm doing an AOD to AODE/4R70W swap on my 91 and I'm curious as what you guys have used for the overdrive cancel switch and where you put it in the car...Thanks

It is just a momentary switch, which you can mount anywhere. If I were doing this swap, I would probably make the stock 94+ shifter work.

I'm not sure,will the 94/95 shifter configuration swap into the 91 console????....Did the 92/93 models have an AODE type setup or were they all AOD's between 89-93???

Last edited:
OK...Thanks RalphP,...now the next question,..Will the 94 & up shifter retrofit into a early console...Or can I just put an on/off switch somewhere????

I used the Ride Control switch on the center console for my overdrive delete. Makes it very convenient to enable/disable overdrive.

Bryan

i swapped a 4r70w in my 91 a few years back, its been a while but it was simple all plug and play, i used a 97 cougar shifter, it bolted right in and i had to massage the console a touch but the cover did manage to fit around it

here is all the details you will ever need to know about the swap

http://info.efidynotuning.com/4r70w.htm

Ok,...Heres another question. ..Do you have to modify the shifter cable bracket that attaches to the tailshaft housing???..It looks like the OSS sensor is in the way and the little 8mm headed bolt on the top has no threaded boss..

Shift cable bracket modified and installed...driveshaft shortened and balanced...Now to double check all of the nuts,bolts,and fittings..Then wire it all up and hope for the best..

Back