Back at it!

davec73

SCCoA Member
I havnt had alot of time to do much to the car for a while now after the new 4.2 and cooling system upgrades. I think I finally have it all working as it should but it's fought me from start to finish. The car now has a 97 style radiator setup with an expansion tank I also added a mark 8 fan and Hollister road co. progressive fan controller. Burping the system and getting the coolant levels right, as well as making everything work well together have been a challenge but it's close. Now if it ever stops raining daily I'm going to drive it as much as possible.
Here's aink to a walk-around!

No David life isn't allowing me to do those kind of things these days lol. I still have a random dying issue to take care of as well but hopefully the changes I've made fixed it. I changed the ignition switch and made some changes to my DIS setup.

it was more likely the chrome on the bracket that it's mounted too. I removed the chrome from the surface but after more diagnosis the car was actually losing power entirely when it dies.

it was more likely the chrome on the bracket that it's mounted too.

A temporary ground would have helped decide if the insitu ground path was an issue. That and ohm'ng the DIS to ground...
- Key off
- Measure resistance between (-) Negative Battery connection and Pin 7 on the DIS.
- If the resistance is less than 5 ohms, you're good.
- Double check by repeating the same test on each of the rearmost DIS bolts.

Back