Blue Silicone Rad Hoses???

S

SeanMatteson

Blue Silicone Rad Hoses???

Anyone know where/how I can obtain these???

Thanks,

Sean

Re: Blue Silicone Rad Hoses???

Hey Ryan!

I need to get some info. off you in regards to the cup holders. How do you want to do this?

Cheers,

Sean

You still wanted one? Sorry dude I didn't know, I sold the 2 of them that I had in good shape because I didn't think you wanted it anymore...

I still have one more, but the tab on the right side is broken off, it will still fit into the slot, it just wont "click" into place on the right.

Have fun with the hose sleeves...make sure you use lots of soap to lube up the hoses to slide the sleeve over....otherwise...it won't work for ya.

Ryan,

That's no problem, pal. It's been a week or more since I said I wanted one. I have kind of had my hands full since the HG's went. Any idea what year of Taurus I can get one out of? I'd just as soon hunt the bone yards and try to find one myself.

Steve,

I'd really like to go with the blue silicone hoses, as I have the MAC cold air intake kit with the blue silicone hose pieces, and I thought matching upper and lower rad hoses would look better than the braided sleeves. Ed told me that he thought that Mike Maroschak and Bill Gowland both had obtained these hoses through some jobber in this area. I tried to e-mail Bill Gowland, but his addy doesn't seem to be good anymore. I sent a message off to Mike yesterday, but I haven't heard anything back yet. That baby is probably keeping he and Lisa busy! ...although she (damned, I think they had a little girl) sure was quiet the night we all met at Jack Astor's for dinner over the Christmas break. They are really lucky!

Hopefully I'll hear something back from one of them soon!

Worse case scenario, if I do have no choice but to go with the braided sleeve kit, then I will certainly take the soap trick under advisement!

Thanks,

Sean

Mike M bought those hoses from Summit Racing in the US.
He had told me Goodyear stopped making them for our cars. I'm not sure if Bill G has them or not.

Wayne,

Thanks very much. I'm a little disappointed. I really think those blue hoses would have looked nice with the MAC cold air intake kit.

I guess I'm stuck with the braided sleeve kit as my only option (other than leaving things stock).

Maybe just in case, I'll inquire with Goodyear to see if they still have any for the SC's. I'll let you all know if they still have them.

Cheers,

Sean

The hoses are a baby blue color and they really show the dirt. I found them less than attractive. I suggest staying with a plain black hose. The steel braid is neat, but a PITA.

Can't remember Sean, just look for newer style ones (93+). Most of the tauruses/sables had em, but some did not come with the option, and people have already probably removed some.

Brw, if you goto a pick your part, they will mark it as miscellaneous interior and its $5

Back