Brian Solomon a.k.a. 'catwithboost'

pablon2

Email Addresses: camsunlimited@comcast.net, 5.0eater@comcast.net
User Name: ‘catwithboost’
Vendor/Individual: Individual

Comments: Watchout!….This guy has cleaned me out of $1,425!!! As some of you may know, he submitted a post on the SCCOA website on 5/4/05 stating that he had struck a deal with a company on cams and valve train items. This may be true. Well, I bit, and on 5/11/05 I contacted him to order a set of ‘ported and polished’ SC heads with a new/upgraded valve train. At that time, I also ordered a new cam grind and a ported intake manifold. We agreed that for an additional $200 I would buy from him a used set of heads and an intake instead of me sending in cores, b/c I did not wish to fuss with shipping and it’s associated costs. I mailed my check to him the following day (I have the Post Office’s confirmation of delivery). The check constituted roughly 75% of the total amount due. The check cleared on 5/18/05. The arrangement was that I would send the balance upon completion. He said 2-3 weeks turnaround on the parts. At two weeks (5/25) I contacted him via email and asked for an update. He replied that one head was cracked and that he had to get another one shipped to him, and that he expected it to arrive by Memorial weekend. (I find it difficult to believe that he had a set of heads in his possession and failed to notice that one was cracked and not usable.) I asked him if this would set me back another week or two and he said that it would not, if everything went well. This was on 5/25/05 and I have not heard back from him since. I have sent him several emails asking for an update. I also called and left a message at his residence on two different occasions. Most recently, I have asked for a full refund of my money. He has yet to reply to any of these emails or phone call messages. I see that he is on SCCOA periodically, so I know he is around. Yeah, yeah, he could be REALLY busy and hasn’t had a chance to get back to me. To that I say “WRONG”. I paid for him to keep me updated. Couldn’t he have just picked up the phone and said, “Hey, look…here’s the deal...”

I had deadlines and events to meet. Well, they all have passed and all have been missed. People say to listen to your gut. Funny thing is that when I wrote out the check and popped it in the mail, I did not listen to my gut and now he has 1,425 of my hard earned dollars. It is day #50 and counting…..so much for the brotherhood. The sad thing is this was the last bit of money I had left to put into my car’s engine and now the car is still sitting in my garage as it has been since 4/30/05, and I am now scrambling to find some alternative that will get my bird back on the road. I don’t know what is going on with him, but I wish I had never decided to go with him. I am currently speaking to an attorney in Seattle.

Brian still owes me $150 from a buy now & pay later deal I gave him a couple years ago. Hope you get things resolved to your satisfaction.

David

Well, you can add me to that list also. Brian owes me money on a deal we had recently. I had hoped that despite his personal problems he would at least make good for people whom he called "friends". Guess not. He does not return my emails anymore. :mad:

Me Three

Yea, he's got money from me for a Cam and springs. Everything seemed to be going we'll. He emailed me on June 8th and said he was going to ship everything June 13th. But I haven't recieved anything and he hasn't returned any of my emails since then. I did send a money order - Registered mail and he signed for it so I guess I'll check with Canada Post to see if they can do anything about it.

Same here

Brian owes me about $125 also. Supposedly he sent out the check but it got lost in the mail.. (thinking "yeh right")HMMM that has been a couple months ago... I have emailed many times and still no reply. Guess I was hosed also.

My turn, this guy owes me a double IC.

he seemed to have good feedback, and I already purchased some valvetrain parts, and got the quickly.

If someone has any additional contact info, please PM me.

Thanks!

Brian has contacted me.

Update: Brian ('catwithboost') has contacted me via email. He says he is now workng on my order. I'll be sure to post more later as this hopefully develops further.

Caution.....BS is on the boards once again.....

pablon2 said:
Update: Brian ('catwithboost') has contacted me via email. He says he is now workng on my order. I'll be sure to post more later as this hopefully develops further.

Well fellow MN12 enthusiasts, in light of the fact that Brian Solomon is once again active on the boards (as of 2/3/06), I felt it appropriate to provide an update on my "situation". As my previous post reads, Brian Solomon had contacted me and was apparently trying to make good on our arrangement. Truth be told, all that followed were continued excuses and further delays. At which point I demanded a refund of my money. A few months had passed with no contact, at which point I reached out once again asking for a refund in the form of payments. Brian Solomon made a one-time payment of $300 to me via PayPal and said that I could expect to receive this monthly. That is what was said, and this is what happened.....I have heard nothing from him since nor have I received additional monies from him. All of this despite several attempts by me to contact him.

Again, I felt that you all should know these additional details because 1) it appears he has returned to our community and 2) my last entry made it sound as though he and I were working things out and this is CLEARLY not the case.

Hey Brian, I am including this for your records in case you misplaced the paperwork: :rolleyes:
Ledger as of 2/12/06:
Amount sent 5/05: $1,500
Amount refunded by Brian Solomon 11/05: $300
Delinquent amount 2/06: $1,200

All Is Not Lost!!!

GO TO THE POST OFFICE SITE FILE A CLAIM FOR MAIL FRAUD YOU ALL SHOULD DO IT ..AS IT WILL CARRY MORE WEIGHT ..I DID SO WHEN I WAS STUNG ...I GOT MY MONEY IN THE END ..IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE..DO IT AND THINGS WILL HAPPEN:rolleyes:

Solomon's Address

Brian Solomon

7715 Ridge Ct Se

Olympia Wa 98513

I don't have his phone number but here's the last address I had for him. I wonder if he has a SC in his driveway?

JT

Updated Address

I know Brian Solomon has ripped a lot of people off. I wanted to let you guys know that he is back in the Olympia, WA area and his address is;

Brian Solomon
3600 14th ave se 16-102
Olympia Wa 98501

He is now selling items on the dakota-durango.com forums with a user id of "DakotaRT". Good luck getting your money back.

I was browsing these threads to see what was going on as I had to deal with someone like this a while back from a completely different forum. Have any of you filed at www.ic3.gov/? I beleive it was called the internet fraud complaint center back when I filed, but they contact the police local to the offender. My case took a few weeks, but I got my money back and all was well.

Update 12/19/07

Brian has contacted me and plans to repay the money owed. He has paid back $75 of the remaining $1,200 owed.

Back