Carlisle 2016 Saturday night dinner

Pat DiPersia

SCCoA Admin
I put a call in to Olive Garden and the manager on duty told me the GM said no more reservations Fri-Sun nights. He's on vacation and I'm waiting to hear back from him. Every year that I've called the Olive Garden, we get a bunch of hemming and hawing and it's like they're doing us a favor. So with all of that said, for kicks, I called Quaker Steak and Lube.

And they'd love to have us Saturday night! Didn't really care how many people we have. They have a private room that can hold 30, but I imagine we'll easily be over that. She said they have a part of the restaurant called Corvette Alley that holds 50+ and they put up partitions so it's "private" (She's going to send me a picture.)

So I've made the executive decision that we're moving. Olive Garden has always been great in terms of service, but I'd prefer not to show up on Saturday night and be told they'll fit us in when possible (Even though they always get us in quickly every year.)

Anyway, would like to get a rough count for dinner on Saturday night. Location is 165 Gateway Drive, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050. It's literally across the street from the Park Inn hotel - maybe 10 minute walk if you wanted.

That's cool! I loved the tradition of OG, but getting tired of the food there. QSaL will be a welcome change - not to mention the car theme of the place will be appropriate too.

I usually tell them we go there every year for the past x years and they usually cave but they always insisted we have someone there an hour in advance. Nevertheless, I am not married to the Garden (that was a Don thing) so whatever you do book a place while you still can.

Yeh, I told them we've been coming for at least five years now. Girl said she couldn't make the call had to deal with the GM. So. . . Hate to move, but I think it's time for a change. I didn't realize Don had started the Olive Garden tradition, always though it was you.

Sorry I can't make it this year.

Sorry guys, family situation and I ant make it up from SC this year. I had a fun time last year. See you all in 2017 with my stock 95black 5 speed.

Dave

Wife and I will be there - Venue change sounds great, Wings, Beer and Car theme is an all around win!

-Tim

So we're about 15ish people so far. Where is everybody?!

Tim, I expect you to down the fire wings again this year. . .

We will be at the show, can't make the dinners.

Can anyone advise which day is best if we have to pick between Friday or Saturday? When is the best time to arrive, early 0600, mid-morning?

We will be at the show, can't make the dinners.

Can anyone advise which day is best if we have to pick between Friday or Saturday? When is the best time to arrive, early 0600, mid-morning?

Saturday, hands down. Arriving mid-morning Friday and you'll only see a handful of people there at that point. The real excitement is on Saturday. Since that's judging day, I know some people arrive early to get "good" spots and prep their cars. Those who don't care as much roll in mid-morning Saturday to just hang out and have a good time.

Dinner

My son, and his wife will be there with my wife and I, so there's four more

Bill Evanoff had to canx due to some back pain issues that makes traveling too uncomfortable. Chris Connors will be there and maybe his wife but she claiming no at this time.

Back