Carolina Thunder Thanksgiving Meet - 2014

Trunk Monkey

SCCoA Member
I'd like to invite all of you to join the Carolina Crew for our annual Thanksgiving meet. If you're looking for some late season - post Shootout - racing this is THE meet to make that happen.

Questions? Reply here or shoot me a PM. I hope to see some of you there. :cool:

ITINERARY

Saturday, November 29: We travel in and have a meet & greet get together at Rob's house and then head over to the Outback for dinner that night.

Sunday, November 30: We meet at Robs house again in the morning around 9:30 or 10 AM and then caravan over to the Fayetteville Drag strip. The track doesn't open until noon. We usually grab a bite to eat at a fast food joint in Fayetteville near the track for lunch.

Noon until 5PM: Run whatcha brung! Fayetteville is the fastest track I've ever run at due to elevation and excellent track prep. For a T&T they do a fantastic job of keeping the track sticky.

Sunday Night: We'll stop at Hooters or another restaurant in Fayetteville for dinner before heading home.​

LODGING

Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn or SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Southern Pines, NC for Saturday, November 30.

Most of us stay at the Hampton Inn Saturday night. For Sunday night you'll probably want to get a room in Fayetteville or start working your way home.

*We don't get a club discount on rooms since there aren't enough of us to justify reserving a block of rooms. But room rates are reasonable for that time of year.​

THE TRACK - Sunday: Fayetteville Motorsports Park

Weather, Air Quality and Track Conditions

I can't "guarantee" anything but last year we did have "mine shaft air" and incredible weather. During the 2011 meet it was a bit warmer.

As I said previously, the track prep at Fayetteville is first class!​

I really wanted to go, but couldn't make it this time. I hope to make it to the next event you guys have in the Carolinas.

Back