Catless

Mike Jazz

Just a question, but if I were to eliminate the cats right after the manifold, will the O2 sensors still be ok screwed into the bungs? I have a crazy rattle in one of the cats, and I can feel it bogging down a bit. If I leave the O2 sensors where they are, with the cats being deleted, I assume it will run just fine. correct? Thanks for the suggestions/input. This is in regards to my 1990 XR7 Supercharged 5spd.

I haven't ran cats on mine for 6 months now. It's no difference but, louder for sure. Putting them back on soon.

What kind of resonator does everyone prefer? I have heard mixed reviews on running another muffler as a resonator.

Running without cats and just 40s on the back. It's not terrible. The best insert for drone IMO was the Magnaflow dual 2.5 in and out. It did make the car pretty quiet.

Well, I ran out of time at the exhaust shop, but they were able to at least delete the cats.....:confused: The car was there for 2 hours. Right now, it sounds good up until about 3K RPM, and after that, it sounds like a Honda with a fart can. They only deal with Flowmaster at this shop, so my setup consists of deleted cats with slightly larger downtubes in their place, into a Y pipe, and out to dual Flowmaster mufflers. As my last resort, what can I do as far as a resonator? I thought maybe a cherry bumb, or Pepboys stocks a 22" Magnaflow, similar to the sizing and looks of a cherry bomb muffler. Ideas?

Back