Charlotte Area Meet! - Cars & Coffee on July 6 - Be There!

Trunk Monkey

SCCoA Member
I plan on driving my heap down there to be humiliated by parking next to a euro exotic. Anyone car to join me?

Date/Time

July 06, 2013
7:30 am - 11:00 am

Mattie's Diner / NC Music Factory Uptown Village - Main Lot

Addresses

Mattie's Diner
915 Hamilton St.
Charlotte, NC

or

NC Music Factory
1000 NC Music Factory Blvd
Charlotte NC 28206

From the Organizer:

Mattie's Diner was trilled to have us . They would ask that the parking spaces adjacent to the Diner in front and beside be reserved for some of Mattie's regular customers. Many drove up thinking that it was a private event and took off. Also please bare with the bathroom situation, the diner is small but will try to accommodate us the best that they can. If we need to there will be alternatives across the street at the Music Factory.

Many asked me if it was possible to reserve spaces for like makes and models and I would leave that up to the 'early bird get the worms'. You can organize as you see fit with particular makes and models, but as far as roping off before hand that is a bit hard due to the unknown size of a group or location desired. I would suggest that if you have a group that wants to park together that you designate a meet up spot close to the Music factory and ride in together, with 700+ spaces you should not have an issue. Last month it sort of fell together as such without much planning.

Mattie's Diner is a fantastic old school eatery that is located at the front of the property. Matt has made some slight changes to accommodate the size of our crowd so bare with them as they learn our needs. There will be coffee as expected, carry out baked items and sit down full breakfasts if you desire, the space is cozy so be prepared. The owner of NC Music Factory has graciously offered the use of this property and in order to respect the jester we need to do our part. Below are a few bylaws we have to follow in order to continue to use the facility. If we ware out our welcome here we are pretty much without options! I can not begin to tell you how much of a challenge it has been to relocate and find a new car friendly location!

Here are the very simple rules:

Absolutely no burnouts or horse play in the lot or the roads out front. It is irresponsible and safety is a huge concern for us. We trust your car is fast and you have unbelievable skills, there is no need to show us!

No vendors will be allowed to set up tables, booths or tents. As before you can hand out fliers if you wish but no signage or structures allowed.

The Uptown division of the Mecklenburg police department are well aware of our event and will patrol the area. Speeding and unlawful behavior will not be tolerated.

We need to leave the facilities better than we find them on each visit. NC Music Factory is letting us use this facility free of charge so we need to respect it There are trash cans throughout the property please do please do not litter.
Parking nearest to the Diner is reserved for regular restaurant patrons. We have the other 662 spaces!

That's it for now, very simple. Sometimes you don't know how good you have something until it is gone. I miss getting my monthly fix of beautiful machines and wonderful car crazy individuals. The weather looks great so far for Saturday morning, tell your friends, family, co- workers and neighbors to come out and enjoy. Looking forward to enjoying our wonderful new home for Charlotte cars and Coffee.

See you Saturday

Michael MC36
http://www.ponytales.org/component/rsevents/event/346-charlotte-cars-a-coffee.html

Back