Door Striker Help

jb351

SCCoA Member
The Dorman 38445 kit is available at Rock Auto for less that $10 and includes a bushing. If you just want the bushings I could probably make up some out of aluminum, plastic or whatever.

ALRUI

The Dorman 38445 kit is available at Rock Auto for less that $10 and includes a bushing. If you just want the bushings I could probably make up some out of aluminum, plastic or whatever.

Hi guys & thanks for the replies! I think for S's & G's I'm going to try to 3D print a couple & see how they work out. I appreciate the offers of making some for sure!

Thanks All
ALR

jb351

SCCoA Member
How did the 3D printed one work out and what material did you use? Quite curious as I recently purchased a 3D printer as well.

ALRUI

I havent gotten to trying this yet, I got sidetracked getting my old Plymouth back on the road, work, etc. I'll try to get on it in the next few days & let you know:)

blue-94

Just a FYI
Those plastic pieces can be made outta 1/2" PEX tubing. I know because I just used some. Worked prefect

ALRUI

Just a FYI
Those plastic pieces can be made outta 1/2" PEX tubing. I know because I just used some. Worked prefect

Good info, I'll take a look at that method as well. I printed a couple with the 3D printer but havent tried them. Any issue with the door getting out of alignment after removing the striker plate or even worse a bolt breaking off?

blue-94

I just put it back in the same spot. I was really surprised how well they worked. I’m a plumber so I had some laying around. You could buy a life time supply for ten bucks at any hardware store.