Ebay 89 SC 1 owner

Looks like a very clean car. Has a dash cover on it so I would ask for pics of the actual dash. I have never liked the tweed seats but they do hold up very well.

When you consider what you can buy these days for $5K, that is a very valid price. The only thing about paying that kind of money, is make sure it's the color you want, etc. because you are going to own it for awhile.

I don't think it's going to sell on Ebay, so maybe offer them another price in a couple weeks or something if you really want it. But I still say $5K is fair.

Those are the seats I like. :cool:

5k for that old of a car is hard to swallow for me without more information available on it. Service records and a personal inspection would be needed.

Although it's much cheaper, it has 190k on it, as opposed to 66k. The interior looks pretty ripped up. To make that car look like the one on ebay you'd spend well over $5k total, just my opinion though.

There is no substitute for a sub 100K mile platform. At 190K the whole car is worn out, I don't care what anyone says. I've been around too many SC's and I know what I'm talking about. I've also seen and driven most of you guy's SC's so don't think I don't know what you are comparing it to. ;)

A 60K mile SC is well worth $5k. I can't count how many 150K SC's come past my shop where the owner is smitten with it's "potential" only to find out that it's going to cost another $5-10K to get the car where it "needs to go". A basically pristine, ready to drive SC with the potential for nearly 100K more mostly trouble free miles in it is a bargain at $5k.

Start shopping Hyundai's or Toyota's and see what $5K will buy you. ;)

Those are the seats I like. :cool:

5k for that old of a car is hard to swallow for me without more information available on it. Service records and a personal inspection would be needed.

So far I have $14000 INVESTED in my '89 and it is still in the garage not driveable. Soon hopefully it will be. 5K is not bad at all.

Looks like a very clean car. Has a dash cover on it so I would ask for pics of the actual dash. I have never liked the tweed seats but they do hold up very well.

There's 2 pics of the dash up close.

FYI - I saw this exact car with a $5000 asking price on the local Chicago CL (I know because in the CL ad they highlighted those 2 scratches on the bumper)...seems fishy if this is out of Georgia. Maybe the CL ad is the fishy one...don't know and probably more likely.

There's 2 pics of the dash up close.

FYI - I saw this exact car with a $5000 asking price on the local Chicago CL (I know because in the CL ad they highlighted those 2 scratches on the bumper)...seems fishy if this is out of Georgia. Maybe the CL ad is the fishy one...don't know and probably more likely.

It might be fishy, no doubt although a carfax will tell you if it's from up north. However, I can also attest to the fact that there are MANY SC's driving around with those exact scratches on it (including mine at one point, lol). Seems that the length of SC's is deceiving and a lot of people short themselves by about 1" pulling into the garage and then closing the door on their rear bumpers. Doh!

It might be fishy, no doubt although a carfax will tell you if it's from up north. However, I can also attest to the fact that there are MANY SC's driving around with those exact scratches on it (including mine at one point, lol). Seems that the length of SC's is deceiving and a lot of people short themselves by about 1" pulling into the garage and then closing the door on their rear bumpers. Doh!

The one on the local CL also had the trunk dent from a garage door, supposedly, as well. Lol.

Last edited:
The one on the local CL also had the trunk dent from a garage door, supposedly, as well. Lol.

If you look at the autocheck it seems to have spent most of its life in AZ, (91-2005)

2006-present its been registered in Georgia.

That really bothers me that you've already seen this same looking car for sale though, did it look 100% identical?

Back