EEC tuning in Texas

ThunderGodRacin

Looking for information on a good place in Texas to have my eec set up for the mods that I plan on running such as

MPIII blower and 85mm TB 3.5 Air intake
system 90mm MAF 60lb injectors the big exhaust system from SCP /headers 5% jackshaft
and 5% SCPulley UD Accy pulleys a Spec III clutch in a 5spd car w/ 3.55
rear gears.

I just had a complete rebuild on my motor and the heads were ported and flowed to comparable specs as coy miller stage 2 heads.

any ideas?

I don't know if this helps you any, but if you can get 5 people who want it done I can come down there and do it for you.

XR7 Dave said:
I don't know if this helps you any, but if you can get 5 people who want it done I can come down there and do it for you.

Dave I think we both know my car is going to need an update at some point fairly soon and I am sure I can get at least three other guys from the Houston area to tune their cars as well. He is only about 3 hours from here so I am sure we could make something work for all of us. It think it would be best to shoot for late Febuary or early March, as I would like to try the new Titan Copper Head gaskets when the time comes to bolt on my new heads. I will be happy to make arangements for the dyno whenever the time comes to set everthing up.

Charles

Last edited:
T-bird Tim said:
I'm in El Paso but would probably drive to Houston for a tune if the price is right.

I won't speak for David on his pricing, but I will tell you that he did an excellent job tunning my car in October at the Shootout in Oklahoma City.

Charles

Count me in! I plan on doing more mods after Christmas and was wanting a tune. Sounds like perfect timing.

Dave is there any way you can send me some prices?

Chris

Cost for a single position chip and tune is $300. Dyno time depends on what kind of a deal we get on the dyno.

All tunes come with 100% tech support from me and a lifetime warr. on the chip.

XR7 Dave said:
Cost for a single position chip and tune is $300. Dyno time depends on what kind of a deal we get on the dyno.

All tunes come with 100% tech support from me and a lifetime warr. on the chip.

Dave let me know if we get close to doing something down here, I know the service manager at my local Ford dealer will work with us if others don't mind coming on the North side of Houston. If that isn't good for everyone I will be happy to help with locating a shop in Houston. I know there is at least one dyno near each of the major airports if that is a consideration for you.

Charles

Valve covers miss by that much

:( Houston would work from as well as the time frame, However I have a new problem.. I got the motor back and the valve cover dont quite fit like they should. The aftermarket rocker arms he used are just a bit to big and they hit the top of the covers and the baffles. I was looking (unsuccessfully i might add) to fingd something that will fit. Talked to Bill at SCP and the rockers he stocks are for stock cams. Unfortunately my cam is not.

Gentleman, what do you have for me?

Thanks

Tune

Count me in for a tune also.
Will i benefit if my car is all stock?
what changes will be made to a stock sc?

rzibilske77 said:
Count me in for a tune also.
Will i benefit if my car is all stock?
what changes will be made to a stock sc?

Your 95 will benefit most from a chip. In both cases, engine fan temps will be dropped significantly, and should be done in conjunction with a 180deg thermostat and cooler plugs. AFR will be

Gains depend on how well (or poorly) as the case may be, your car is currently running. A chip also makes future upgrades easier and more effective.

Unlike a chip from olden days, these chips are fully re-flashable for when you add mods later on.

If the time line is workable for everyone, then I'll make plans to come down in March. I have to get Charles' heads done and shipped before then. I guess that gives me some additional incentive, huh? :D

:)
XR7 Dave said:
Your 95 will benefit most from a chip. In both cases, engine fan temps will be dropped significantly, and should be done in conjunction with a 180deg thermostat and cooler plugs. AFR will be

Gains depend on how well (or poorly) as the case may be, your car is currently running. A chip also makes future upgrades easier and more effective.

Unlike a chip from olden days, these chips are fully re-flashable for when you add mods later on.

If the time line is workable for everyone, then I'll make plans to come down in March. I have to get Charles' heads done and shipped before then. I guess that gives me some additional incentive, huh? :D

Dave you notice I was playing nice and did not mention anything about where my heads were coming from.:) Actually March will work out for me just as long as I get the heads a couple of weeks prior to you arriving so I have a chance to get the heads, cam and new injectors installed on one of my weekends off.

Charles

I really need to start to mod the bird :( . By the time we have the tune I hope to have most of the stuff ready to mount.

looks like with me in on this I make five?!?!?!

March sounds good to me. I don't have any chip on my car at all right now and right after christmas I will be putting on 5% jackshaft 5% blower overdrives along with underdrives a 75mm tb and a intake system. Already have the exhaust done, and am rebuilding my tranny right now with a new tq and Vb to go with that.

When you come down can you bring me a chip and everything and I'll pay you for it when we can shake hands?

XR7 Dave said:

Seems like I tried to get something like this together but just got a bunch of tire kickers.:rolleyes:

Tuning

sonicman1634 said:
Seems like I tried to get something like this together but just got a bunch of tire kickers.:rolleyes:

Thomas there were several of us who were willing to do tuning back when you needed to, but you decided to sell all of your performance parts before it could happen.:) On a side note are you still working seven days a week or have things slowed down a little, I need to give you a call one day soon I have a couple of questions for you.

Charles

speed95 said:
I really need to start to mod the bird :( . By the time we have the tune I hope to have most of the stuff ready to mount.
Yeah ya do.....

Can a carb guy possibly get in on this? Not for the tune, but possibly for the dyno runs?

Back