Exaust sounds..HELP

91CaliTBIRD

Ok guys here we have $540 ive spent on exaust and would spend $540 again to shut this Honda sounding rice rocket buzzing noise up! I have the stock manifolds to performance Magnaflow cats to a Y-pipe instead of the resonator, stock pipes all the way to 2 muffler 40 series flowmasters. (i dont think 50 series would help all that much) It sounds like a loud Honda what i hate the most. I had Magnaflow mufflers put on it originally with the cats. and the Y-pipe and it sounded the same. I then took it back and had the guy put the Flowmasters on it thinking it would sound better but NOPE! So i need some help here guys, i liked it 100 times better stock and quiet but i did this so i can have some flow for the 10%overdrive pulley. Again its got 2 new performance cats. (California) to a Y-pipe 2 1/2" out, to the Flowmaster mufflers. All the piping is original besides the Y-pipe of course. Please respond a.s.a.p. so i can drive my bird comftably. Thanks Bill

Gotta take out that Y and throw a resonator back in. I've used a Magnaflow resonator and it sounded great with the same setup. You get too much raspyness when you get in it, that noise is nasty.

Since then, I've taken the mufflers off and run the one large Magnaflow resonator in the middle, with two bullet in-line resonators in the tails.

Here's a video clip of mine:

Exhaust Video

Thanks guys, anyone running the resinatator then Flowmaster mufflers? how does it sound? also do you think im losing much power by putting a resinator back in? thanks

You won't lose much if any power putting the res in. I wouldn't drive one without the res.

Here is the usually order of prefered mufflers for the SC.

summitts - 15$?
dynomax - 35$
flowmaster (deltaflows) 60$?
magnaflow ?
borla xs 110$

My .02$ Still not sure if the flowmasters are better than dynomax though.

Julian

Back