Forums upgrade/migration

No, nothing changed around the image stuff. Just verified - image/attachment limit is 10 megs still. Double-check the file size for me.

Tried again with a 5.49 MP picture and got same message about uploaded file too large for server to process. I'm just assuming that means the SCCoA website server, but maybe it's something on my end. I'll try another post from my phone instead of desktop computer.

I'm only able to upload really small images myself, even from a PC. Limit is set to 10 megs. . . Have a ticket open with server support.

Fix. I can upload a 9 meg file now. Though I do worry about it slightly as if we get a lot of LARGE attachments, we're going to be paying more for storage. . .

Fix. I can upload a 9 meg file now. Though I do worry about it slightly as if we get a lot of LARGE attachments, we're going to be paying more for storage. . .

Pat,

I thought it would automatically resizes the images to around 500KB max like FB, so image size being stored on our server wouldn't be excessive. The real benefit is being able to upload photos (like directly from phone) without first having to resize them, not the ability to post larger image files.

David

Well, yes and no. It will resize the physical size of the image so it fits well on the screen. So generally, that will cause a decrease in image size for storage purposes. But if you had a 10 meg file that was already sized properly and just had a very high res camera or something, well, we're storing a 10 meg image.

Testing...okay seems to be working good now. Uploaded as 2.5 MB and was auto resized to 194 KB.

Thanks, David

Attachments

• WNSR7790.JPG
    WNSR7790.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 10
This is something I run into fairly often but only when I am not logged in and it's the first time the web browser goes to the website after it's cookies, cache, site data etc have been cleared or if it's opened in a private window. Clicking reload brings it right up though.

Capture.JPG

It is always on my work PC and sometimes at home as well. I am always logged in at home so I don't see it very often there.

Both connections are plugged in and not on wifi. It is the same ISP but different packages. At work it is 100/100 and my home connection is fiber 500/500. Same firewall and router software in both locations but no funny rules in it and nothing has changed in the firewalls since long before I started seeing that error. When I get that error it is instant. There is no delay waiting for a page to load or anything. It might be just me having this issue

Back