Front original shocks with prox 40k miles

SCspeedster

Hi, when I Got my Supercoupe years ago the previous owner had replaced the front shocks he said at prox. 40k miles with Tokicos instead and gave me the original front shocks he still had. They have been in a bin in my garage since I got the car and had pretry much forgotten about them until now. 1 doesn't have the spring (I dunno why), they seem to be in very good shape. Anyone have any idea what they are worth? If anyone is interested feel free to text me 909-480-4724.

Attachments

• 20240325_225612.jpg
    20240325_225612.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 27
  • VideoCapture_20240325-225754.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240325-225754.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240325_225843.jpg
    20240325_225843.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240325_225628.jpg
    20240325_225628.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240325_225650.jpg
    20240325_225650.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 20
I'm not going to lie my man, "years ago" in your post is the catch. If you look at just the sale part of this forum, you can clearly see how long-gone & forgotten this car has become.

Not only the prices are dirt low, but also the vibe is no longer there. Literally all the crappiest, crapster junkyard birds are down there.

I'm from Turkey and even here, the worst Thunderbird legit is higher specced and better than the best ones you see on that section.

Now with all these things considered and the fact that these shocks are antic...

I'm going to tell you they're probably worth expensive burger / turkey money.

You show up to do some Thunderbird SC hate trolling, after being absent for 17 months. You must be bored with Your Chinese electric golf carts. Well maybe Dave N., your white knight, will show up and suggest you "ignore" me, like the last time I stood up against your SC insults.

You show up to do some Thunderbird SC hate trolling, after being absent for 17 months. You must be bored with Your Chinese electric golf carts. Well maybe Dave N., your white knight, will show up and suggest you "ignore" me, like the last time I stood up against your SC insults.

I probably love this car more with my life than most actual bird owners on this site...

and if I had that very black SC with all the original parts down to the Ford floor mat, I'd have still said the same thing. Which btw, went for a mere 20.000 Turkish Liras in its prime heyday. That makes... close to absolutely nothing compared to the amount of money I shelled on just my guitar alone.

The only one trolling here is you, pal. :)

I'm not going to lie my man, "years ago" in your post is the catch. If you look at just the sale part of this forum, you can clearly see how long-gone & forgotten this car has become.

Not only the prices are dirt low, but also the vibe is no longer there. Literally all the crappiest, crapster junkyard birds are down there.

I'm from Turkey and even here, the worst Thunderbird legit is higher specced and better than the best ones you see on that section.

Now with all these things considered and the fact that these shocks are antic...

I'm going to tell you they're probably worth expensive burger / turkey money.
Buddy what do you know... ? Besides that, your from Turkey.. and look at your leader lmao.
Anyways don't come insulting our Supercoupes or their parts where we made them here in the USA. They are still badass!

I actually tend to know an OK deal of this vehicle... you know, Internet is your buddy when you spend countless days looking at a specific car.

Yes, it is bad ass. It is a unicorn, there's not very many coupes that are longer than 5 meters off the engine bay to the rear...

I'm not going to bring politics to this, but I've read this from owners of this car some 10 years ago. On this forum. At times some bird owners humiliate their own cars. I mean come on, you can't be dead serious telling me SC is THAT good. It's an old luxury coupe that's what it really is.

Sure, made in the USA is good.

But I'll tell you my next car is going to be a Genesis with a HTRAC system. As much as I have a epidemic love towards the SC, I'll never own one with the traffic congestions of this place. I might have been with one, but the clock is not showing 2012 anymore. And my father does not carry the same mentality as I have towards an old Ford.

Hi, when I Got my Supercoupe years ago the previous owner had replaced the front shocks he said at prox. 40k miles with Tokicos instead and gave me the original front shocks he still had. They have been in a bin in my garage since I got the car and had pretry much forgotten about them until now. 1 doesn't have the spring (I dunno why), they seem to be in very good shape. Anyone have any idea what they are worth? If anyone is interested feel free to text me 909-480-4724.
If you have them I am interested in buying them.

Nope….have at it.

Dave, as much as I think you understand my love towards this vehicle, I think some of us need to take out the 35th Anniversary sunglasses in here. What we're dealing with is an almost 40 year old car built on a steel frame.

I don't understand what makes it different when I talk big about the negatives of this car, compared to when the owners do it? I wouldn't know why having a Thunderbird would give anyone the special place.

Dave, as much as I think you understand my love towards this vehicle, I think some of us need to take out the 35th Anniversary sunglasses in here. What we're dealing with is an almost 40 year old car built on a steel frame.

I don't understand what makes it different when I talk big about the negatives of this car, compared to when the owners do it? I wouldn't know why having a Thunderbird would give anyone the special place.
They are unibody construction-no steel frame since 79

There is a big difference between someone who owns a car complaining about it vs a guy coming onto an SC dedicated website just to trash talk the car.

I was never a fan of the 35th Anniversary, but I do appreciate a nicely modded or clean stock SC of any year. They are not the greatest car, but they still turn heads and can surprise people who don’t know anything about them.

This video is an example of that. During Hot Rod Power Tour, I bet a bunch of Chevy guys my 26 year old 6 cylinder Ford could do a better burnout.

Back