Front sway bar end links

spamdaddy

How in the heck do you get the bottom pin out? The one connected to the sway bar. Mine seems to be frozen and I can't get a hammer on the end of the pin. I am only using regular hand tools and don't have any specialty suspension removal tools. HELP!!??:confused:

You might be able to pry it out with something like a breaker bar, but be careful you don't breaker something like your knuckles. I use a crows foot and big A hammer.
Another idea is to remove the one on the other side so that the sway bar will swing down some and then maybe you can get a hammer on the stud.

I use a small pickle fork (used to remove ball joints) and a hammer....

They pop right out.....

Go to the parts store and see if they have something you can borrow/rent....

PS: Throw away the nuts that are supplied with the new link and use the nuts that you took off the old link....

I use a small 2-jaw puller if I'm trying not to destroy the endlink. If the endlink is already shot, I just use a pickle fork and/or a BFH.

Sway bar end links.

Three hours work..one knuckle gone...two end links replaced. No more knocking from the front end. Thanks for the replies. :D

Dang....

I just saw that you are in Lake Wylie.....

My shop and all my birds are in Rock Hill.....

I could have brought you my pickle fork and been done in an hour.....:eek:

Crap

Hey Big E,
Thanks for the offer. I had a neighbor drive me to AZ to rent the tool. I am in Rock Hill every day for work. Where is your shop? Do you know anything about Turbo Coupes? I have a 1988 Turbo Coupe that is giving me a fit right now.

What's it doing....

I can take a look at it.....

My shop is on Red River Rd. near the park....

Turbo Coupe

It is a very long story. I had been running great until about a month ago. It has becom hard to crank. I have to hold the accelerator pedal to the floor. It will sputter and finally crank. Once cranked, it will rev without hesitation. Sometimes it will maintain an idle without my foot on the gas, but most times it will die. When it does idle on its own, it will die the second I use anything electrical. If I hit the brake pedal, the turn signal, the heater fan switch it will kill it. So far I have replaced the fuel pressure regulator, TPS, distributor with ignition module, ignition switch, and coil. I have cleaned the IAC, EGR, and VAM. I am stumped and PO'd. I love this car and want it to run correctly. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks asking.

I am on Turbotbird.com. They reccomend doing what I have already done. I think it has to be something electrical. I have replaced everything I can think of excpt the computer.

Back