FS: 1990 35th Anniversary AOD

randymbtech

Hey guys,

Decided to sell my 35th. It is an AOD (automatic) car with 78,000 original miles on it. I am the second owner. The mileage is documented thanks to Carfax. The car was re-painted due to clearcoat fading. It was painted all black (instead of black and silver). Deffinately not a show paint job, but it looks good.

The head gaskets were done at 45,000 by the previous owner. It has 4 new Toyo 245/50/16 tires, re-conditioned front end with new upper contoll arms and ball joints, new radius arm bushings, and new front sway bar links. I just had the ABS accumulator replaced with a new one. It has a complete Flowmaster exhaust system (resonator and full cat-back). Also has a Mac cold air intake kit. Other than that, it's all factory stock. I just had a new Kenwood CD player installed. The A/C was proffesionally converted to R-134, and it blows ice cold. The AOD trans shifts like new. The 35th seats were shot, so it has very nice grey cloth seats in it, (from a 1990 SC) and it looks great. The rest of the interior is in great shape. Everything works, car runs and drives great.

$3100.00
Sorry, I can not deliver, pick-up only in Commack, Long Island, NY 11725

Last edited:
More pics...

Attachments

• 1990 35th SC 013.jpg
    1990 35th SC 013.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 94
  • 1990 35th SC 014.jpg
    1990 35th SC 014.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 78
  • 1990 35th SC 010.jpg
    1990 35th SC 010.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 1990 35th SC 005.jpg
    1990 35th SC 005.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Some supercoupe math:

Black 90 SC + 35 anny wheels != 35 anny SC.

:rolleyes:

I read the explanations, but if I were you, I wouldn't advertise it as a 35th anymore. Other than wheels, it doesn't look like one. Don't get me wrong it looks nice, but don't expect people wanting a 35th to make you any offers.

Last edited:
And I see this all the time.. the shoulder belts... disconnect them from the clip, rotate them 1/2 turn and reconnect them. Then they won't dig into your shoulder blades when the doors are closed. :rolleyes:
If this is confusing, do this: sit in the seat with the belt in the rear closed position. Then reach up and disconnect it, and pull it up to where it feels normal and comfortable, the reconnect it. When you open the door, it'll have a 1/2 turn twist as it travels forward. That twist is correct, flat is incorrect..

Last edited:
Without....

Without the badges and the two-tone paint, it's worthless as a 35th.....The seats have the build sheet in them so the build sheet is gone.....

Unless you have the majority of these pieces, the car is only worth about $2000.

Does it at least have the engine compartment sticker that's on the rad support stating 35???

See badges on interior, but not exterior. If you look at the rear reflector tailpiece, in between the birdie's wings are painted blue like the anny, but the front hood birdie is supposed to have the same paint and it doesn't. No blue pinstriping on the outside either, and obviously because the seats were changed no leather/suede with blue piping. Anny wheels in nice shape, but why in the world would you not put the silver gfx back. Wheels, badges and silver cladding are the classic anny giveaways. Only way to tell for sure is the metal tag uner the hood riveted to the rad support. If it is a fake, dont try to sell it on this site, you'll get laughed at. Put it in the paper, you might be able to chump someone that doesn't know what they are lookin' at. Car is definitely in nice shape though

Tag Tells The Tale

dirtybird x said:
See badges on interior, but not exterior. If you look at the rear reflector tailpiece, in between the birdie's wings are painted blue like the anny, but the front hood birdie is supposed to have the same paint and it doesn't. No blue pinstriping on the outside either, and obviously because the seats were changed no leather/suede with blue piping. Anny wheels in nice shape, but why in the world would you not put the silver gfx back. Wheels, badges and silver cladding are the classic anny giveaways. Only way to tell for sure is the metal tag uner the hood riveted to the rad support. If it is a fake, dont try to sell it on this site, you'll get laughed at. Put it in the paper, you might be able to chump someone that doesn't know what they are lookin' at. Car is definitely in nice shape though

Just post a photograph of the core support tag. It clearly states whether it's a 35th or not. Doesn't matter how much of the trim is missing; it was either built as a 35th, or it wasn't.

If it IS a 35th. then the cost of replacing all the missing 35th-specific items definately factors in. If it's NOT, then it's just a really nice, low-mileage SC, which isn't bad in itself...

Back on my first 35th, the insurance wouldn't pay for the different color when my car was in a collision. I had to pay an extra 500, and the color was a little more grey than titaniumish...

I was 18 at the time, and didn't realize if I had pushed back at the insurance co. they prolly would have done it right... It was my insurance, State Farm, becasue the old hag that hit me had no insurance :mad:

This guy said it wasn't the best paint job, so assume Macco or the like and they prolly wouldn;t have done it worth a darn anyways....

This of course if the car is a 35th....

As a side note, there is a purplish testors model paint mentioned on the 35th registry page for color matching a new front bird... Or have I said too much :cool:

Wow, you guys are a tough crowd. :rolleyes:

It is a 35th, I will take a pic of the tag on the rad support. I have the fender emblems in the glove box, I never put them on after it was painted. I also have the blue hood emblem, the body shop put the wrong one on. It was painted all black by the stupid body shop...I told them "Just paint the black"...and they thought I said, "Just paint it all black." That's the story. I think it looks better this way anyway, so I didn't care to get it re-sprayed. I know it's not all original, but either way it is still a nice, low mileage SC. I am not asking big money for it either, I am realistic. If $2000 is all people are willing to pay, then I will keep it. If you want it to look original, paint the ground effects silver and put an ugly blue pinstripe on it, and your all set.

Please remember, this is a "For Sale" thread. Not a "Bash a fellow Members car" thread. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back