Fuel line quick connects

sd_iconoclast

I have an '89 SC and I am about to pull off the intake manifold.
I am being held up by the quick connects on the fuel rail.
I seem to recall that these things have always been a complete PITA.
For the large one, my 5/8" quick connect tools seem to be too small and my 3/4" tools seem to be too big.
And I have tried four or five different ones.
Does anyone know what size these quick connects are?
And can you send me a picture of the tool you used to get them off?

ricardoa1

AC quick disconnect tool is what I have used. They need some fiddling. Harbor freight might have a set.

35th

I have the scissors type quick disconnects it was certainly a Pita but I did get them to work

Attachments

• 20220409_204737.jpg
    20220409_204737.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1

sd_iconoclast

I wonder what the factory recommends. I can clearly see that my 5/8" tools are not thick enough to move the spring out of the way and my 3/4" tools are too thick to fit.

35th

If I remember correctly I had to get them in place of course and then pull pretty hard on the line like it released the spring but the line didn't wanna come apart

ALRUI

FurryWrecker911

SCCoA Member
I gave up on mine with my plastic tool and couldn't be bothered to buy metal ones, so I just pulled the whole fuel rail assembly out of the way while still attached. I can tell you a surefire way to get them apart though, and that's to disconnect the retainer clip and run the car until the fuel pressure blows them off :D

Don't do that. I had a blank moment and installed the retainer clips backwards. I do not recommend.

Attachments

• 20220411_203148.jpg
    20220411_203148.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 3