competition how their product is?Naturally
they are going to say "oh, yeah I heard it sucks....."
Maybe asking someone who actually owns it
would be a better decision.

Tom

B

bored350

Thats odd to hear......

considering Coy commissions ESM to do work for him on occasion. They werent impressed but didnt state any facts huh? Sounds like a little gossip to me. They didnt seem to have much trouble or problem with copying the Dominion I design.

B

Bill A McNeil

Re: Thats odd to hear......

Greg,

You know that we have flogged this issue to death before, so I don't see much point in asking Bill Evanoff and Coy Miller about someone else's products. Thats like asking someone at Sears what they think about Wal-Mart selling the same product, or a better version for less, what would you say? It comes down to the fact that Magnum Powers has now encountered some competent competetion and they are very sceptical, understandably. Funny how MP didn't offer an early style blower port until ESM came around, don't you think? You also have to take into consideration that these blower have been bought and used by many people over the past few years, and the word spreads fast about bad products and bad people within the SC community, which hasn't happened with ESM.

Just like myself, we are all tempted to believe everything we here, but it is only through people who have had experience wit the products that you can gain true knowledge and experienced opinion. The last person you ask about a product is the person who made it and is selling it, or the people they are competing with. Also, you have to be careful about criticizing a company with such a small customer base right on their own turf. Bad business. Just email me if you have some question or more info to share and we can go over it. I just though of another good example. This is similar to asking Mercedes what they think of the new BMW and its features. Needless to say, they'll make every excuse in the book to say bad things about them and promote their own product.

You have to consider the fact abotu what is currently out their. Like I have said before, take a look at the top 25 list as of late. ESM occupies #4 and #5 on the list as well as soon to be big runner Dave Neibert putting together an entire ESM motor with the ESM blower by next month.

The new Dominion 4 blower outflows a stock 94-95 blower by 200%. A Magnum Powers blower will not even touch this new blower. The inlet is larger and teh casing is ported far more extensively. Plus, you already have an early blower!!!! Why go out and buy a 94-95 for $500-$750 US, and then pay for a sub-standard port compared to what is currently available? The S-Port is $1640 with a core, AND THAT DOESN"T EVEN INCLUDE THE INLET!!!! For $1699, you can get a better blower, WITH a better inlet included, and you don't have to buy a core, see what I'm sayin'????

Furthermore, how can you say someones products are no good when the blower they are using is the same quality inside and out? All each manufacturer is doing is porting the same case, doing the same rebuild, but one is producing better flow numbers that the other, for cheaper!

I think this one is a no-brainer as the SC community is starting to realize. I will have mine on the car by the end of April, so you'll see it then. You wouldn't want to spend more money to find out your blower is sub-par, now would you? It'll be too late by then. Anyway, I hope this has been of some help.

Email me Greg.

S

sabbySC

Bill thats a week argument, the #1 spot belongs to a magnuson blower. Than of course theres nitrous up there. Basically all the list tells us is that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

B

Bill A McNeil

Thanks for the support Sebastien! I am not selling the product, so it is not my responsibility to know everything there is to know about it. The information I have obtained and communicated is from both current users of these products and the salespeople. The salespeople have a responsibility to be truthful to the extent that a backlash does not insue from false claims, which in our small community could happen quickly and painfully.

I am merely trying to save a fellow SCer and SCCOO member from blowing his brains out on a Magnuson blower which he doesn't even have a core for, and then realizing that an ESM Dominion 2 or 4 could have done the same thing for 2/3 of the price! If he was going to just send his blower to Magnuson for a their basic port for $300, I would have no comment other than a great oppurtunity to make some inexpensive gains. But if he if going to pay $1640 plus buy an inlet plus buy a core, I would feel aweful to see him do that.

Keep in mind the #1 spot belongs to a Coy Miller Stage II motor with a custom lower intake manifold, 1 front-mount air/air intercooler and a second air/water cooler with a strictly drag race set-up. This further prooves my point becuase others who have no where near the same mods have obtained similar results by having better blowers. Also, Coy's car has an EEC tuner which neither of the Chris(s) have, and yes I know about Mendola's 50 shot.

Either way, for a new company, they sure are figuring it out and making it to the top a lot faster than an S-Model got anyone up there!

My 2 cents.

W

Wayne Ing

I say Bill buys the ESM blower and Greg buys the Magnuson blower. Then we'll see who's faster.

G

Greg Coleman

Please dont bight my head off guys i'm only saying what I hear and I wasn't born yesterday,yes I realize i've been talking to the compatition and I want to talk to someone from both sides who has one,thats why i want to see you guys get one and if it works well count me in,i'll go for one aswell.Before i buy anything i do a lot of investagating because of the great deal of money laid out.Do you guys know of anyone who actually has one I would like to talk to them. I spent $10,400 dollars including towing the car around 2 years ago on mods on my car and i'm not taking full advantage of them yet because i havent opened up the intake side yet. The silencer is goon,K&n pannel filter,190 fuel pump,10% pulley,heads ported and pollished ,bigger exaust valves,heads cost me $1,900 alone,head studs,roller rokers, kooks jet hot coated headers,borla exaust,180 thermostat,now that it is ready ,I want to change the blower,maf,throtle body,inlet plenum,fuel injectors and tune the eec,and I want it to run like a well tunned @#%$ cat or i'll blow the @#%$ up.I'll say again just saying what i hear,doesn't mean i believe all that i hear. I may even change the cam because i see coolant dripping from the back of the manifold which means the intake has to come off aswell.
Right now i'm at 220 rear wheel horse and counting.Bill what else have you found out about the eec unit you got.

G

Greg Coleman

Oh well i'm at it they didn't say bad things about the esm blower they just said there not sure how good it is and wont recommend it until they hear more about it it so dont have a @#%$ atack and I think that Bill's way sounds like the way to go to date!

B

Bill A McNeil

I wasn't trying to attack you Greg, please understand that. There are no enemies here, only friends helping friends (in Ontario anyway). Just because I will buy their blower doesn't mean I am trying to push it on everyone else, as it seems. I just think that because ESM is new and are undercutting their prices to build basically the same product that you have the oppurtunity to take advantage of their situation. Once their product becomes further prooven to be either equal or superior by many SC owners, the prices will go up tp compensate. The year will probably be the year that happends. Their will be more people in the 12s and 13s, and I'm sure a lot of people will be running ESM products.

Email Dave Neibert if you want a first hand opinion. His car went 13.8 with an ESM blower and a completely stock motor!