How to properly stow spare tire/jack

Whorrall

I feel like a fool asking this but does anyone have a diagram of this, or could describe how they should fit in the trunk? My 94 came with the aluminum wheeled spare but the wing nut for the J-bolt is broken, and the j bolt itself is damaged.. I have new hardware on order. I'm not completely sure how this all goes together. Does the jack open halfway and go under the tire? Where does the tire tool itself go? Just trying to fix little things on the car this winter.

KMT, I have another question for you. Do you know what this is, in the attached picture? And do you think there us a good reason it was in the trunk of my 94 and not attached? Maybe for cooling purposes? I think it goes under the front bumper but I'm not positive.

Attachments

• 20211207_124134.jpg
    20211207_124134.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 21
Looks like the front skirt that goes between the bottom of the radiator and front crossbar?

And yes, if it is what I think it is, it aids cooling by directing air flow out of the radiator, across the engine, and out behind the engine, under the car. I'd put it back, if it fits there and you don't already have one.

This is what the one on my '90 Anny looks like:

1638905402831.png
1638905858546.png

Looks like the front skirt that goes between the bottom of the radiator and front crossbar?

And yes, if it is what I think it is, it aids cooling by directing air flow out of the radiator, across the engine, and out behind the engine, under the car. I'd put it back, if it fits there and you don't already have one.

This is what the one on my '90 Anny looks like:

View attachment 96268
View attachment 96269

that’s nice, I had made something similar this this, I used that cheapy plastic sheet but doubled it up. It’s like cardboard but plastic. Removed it because it made oil changes super annoying. I used zip ties to secure it and to be honest I did feel a difference on the freeway due to the added areo, it had more downforce for sure. it went from right behind the the holes for the air that goes to the rad, underneath the plastic and it attaches to the front part of the kmember 9AB3F1FF-0062-4209-BF53-5814D7D126E8.jpeg63B7C3BF-E988-4347-8824-D0A70599AF9F.jpegA906402A-DCA7-4EB0-99AA-AF19DF41F61E.jpeg

Reactions: KMT
Back