How to remove lower intercooler piping???

Truebird sc

Hi guys trying to figure out how to remover the bottom intercooler piping . Does the power steering pump need to be remove to take it out ? Does it come up or down ? What’s the best way ?

There is a nut behind the pwr steering pump hard to explain but the stud goes from the hood down so if it where possible from underneath the car you would be looking at its end I believe it's a 13 or 14mm you can remove the washer fluid tank and get down to it but it isn't easy to get to when you don't know where it is I guess a better explanation would be the stud sits vertical not horizontal the nut is facing down and threads off down i hope some of that makes sense if you pull the pwr steering pump make sure you have a pulley remover and installer autozone rents one for 35$ also you can Google intercooler pipe for the car to find some pictures of one off to get a better understanding of the orientation of the stud and nut

Attachments

• 16410840099474665799566992515233.jpg
    16410840099474665799566992515233.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 7
Found a picture of my engine out of the car circled in pink is what the lower intercooler tube attaches to

Attachments

• 20220101_194552.jpg
    20220101_194552.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 36
Ok I’ll give that a try I got it loose and try to pull up on it put feels like hitting something . That piece might be what I’m hitting .

I think and I'm not certain but to fully remove the pipe from the car you'll probably have to pull the steering pump... I can't think of a way it would squeeze around anything to physically come out what is it your trying to remove it for?

I think and I'm not certain but to fully remove the pipe from the car you'll probably have to pull the steering pump... I can't think of a way it would squeeze around anything to physically come out what is it your trying to remove it for?
Clean it up ,change spark plugs and wires and try to wrap it keep some of the exhaust heat from penetrating it . Being so close to the manifold .

Gotcha it's a job to get it off only time I had mine off is when I pulled the motor. I lifted the engine slightly so that I could see what all was holding in place

Back