I broke a vacuum line! How do I fix this one?

FurryWrecker911

SCCoA Member
No idea if this broke when I was putting everything back together last year or if I broke it tearing everything back apart this weekend, but it looks like it got sliced along whatever those clip things are below the line. What is this line for, is it easy to replace/reach without taking the dashboard off, and how could I go about patching it if it's too much of a bear? I had considered just hitting it with some shrink tube, but I don't want to jump the gun before doing my research.

Attachments

• 20220411_184151.jpg
    20220411_184151.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220411_183802.jpg
    20220411_183802.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 19

35th

That vacuum line controls your blend door to move air from your feet to the dash vent and to your defrost so right now if you start the car you will only have defrost no matter what you set it to. I found vacuum hose at the part store that was the same inside diameter as the factory hose was in outside diameter had to do a bit of wiggling to get it on but eventually it did the trick

351tt

No idea if this broke when I was putting everything back together last year or if I broke it tearing everything back apart this weekend, but it looks like it got sliced along whatever those clip things are below the line. What is this line for, is it easy to replace/reach without taking the dashboard off, and how could I go about patching it if it's too much of a bear? I had considered just hitting it with some shrink tube, but I don't want to jump the gun before doing my research.
clip both connecting broken ends clean to take any bad edges off , make sure the inside holes are round and clean of debris , get some thick rubber vacuum line [ its like a buck a foot ] that is about an inch and a half long and that the inside diameter of the rubber line matches the outside diameter of the existing plastic line with a semi snug fit , put a light skim of 5 min epoxy around the ends of the plastic tubes about a 1/4 inch or so away from the ends to keep the epoxy away from the actual joint just in case it seeps in and plugs the line , then push on the rubber line over each tube creating a coupling .
Or just get a snug fit rubber vac line the same length and slide it over , then clamp it with a tie wrap a half an inch away from the joint on each side .