I need an Accessory Bracket Stud

FurryWrecker911

SCCoA Member
Image attached. When I sent the heads into the shop to be redone I had taken note that the passenger side stud had a hex head while the driver's side head had a rounded stud. No idea how the shop got it out, and I'm even further confused as to why from factory one is easy to turn while the other is just... round.

Anybody know the part number for these or at the very least have a logical idea on how to insert the round one? I tried doing it by hand but it starts to get stuck about 3 turns in. Some good leverage would fix it, but again, no head. My only theories are they used channel locks with rubber jaws, or they used the 2-torqued-nuts technique where you sandwich two fasteners together on the exposed end and turn the inner-most nut to twist out or the outermost nut to turn in.

Attachments

• 20210425_201327.jpg
    20210425_201327.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

KMT

See this tool...

Or, as you noted, just double-nut one end, locking those against each other, then spin it in with a combo end wrench, etc. When done, spin the two nuts opposite direction from when you installed them and remove.

Might want to gently thread chase the hole (& stud) just to be sure it's not munged up.

FurryWrecker911

SCCoA Member
See this tool...

Or, as you noted, just double-nut one end, locking those against each other, then spin it in with a combo end wrench, etc. When done, spin the two nuts opposite direction from when you installed them and remove.

Might want to gently thread chase the hole (& stud) just to be sure it's not munged up.
That's a really neat tool. That explains it.
I'll try the double-nut trick and if that don't work I'll add this to my cart.

Already thread chased 'em both and took a file to the stud to get it extra nice. The one that is hex-headed I was able to run in both heads with only minor brief resistance at the start, so I honestly think it's just a tight fit is all.