Ignition module switch

tinman sc92

does anyone know if there is a wire that goes across the ignition switch and if you can actually plug the connector into it with the wire still on it?

does anyone know if there is a wire that goes across the ignition switch and if you can actually plug the connector into it with the wire still on it?
Are you asking if you can unplug the connector from the Ign. switch & hotwire or bypass it by inserting wires in to it? No reason you can't as long as you know which terminals are in each postition.

Nope! I bought a new ignition switch.. it has a strange metal wire bent over the top and down each side. How in the world do you plug a connector into that with the wire across it.

Nope! I bought a new ignition switch.. it has a strange metal wire bent over the top and down each side. How in the world do you plug a connector into that with the wire across it.
I installed one yesterday that came with it (Standard Motor Products). Though it might have been something to help keep the connector plugged in tight so I left on to see but didn't like how it was probably going to short one of the terminals underneath on the switch. It also wouldn't let the switch move while the metal wire piece was inside it as well. I removed the wire and threw it in the trash. Switch moves normal now.

You had a post 6 months ago(June 24/23) that you were replacing the switch, did it fail again or a different car?

Back