Illinois sc

Ironsam63

Help me Guys!!

Hey all from Illinois SC. I met most of you guys at the Village Tavern a couple of months ago.My name is Sam and I had the white 89 SC and my buddy Kevin had the black and blue flamed 94 LX. Well anyway my 89 SC when I bought it leaked oil from the oil filter from hitting the cross frame. A week ago I saw more oil on the ground and it was smoking a little from under the alternater. So I took off the coil pack and alternater to take a look. I have some gunk under the valve cover, but I have oil that is puddling up under the exhaust manifolds ,next to the heads on the block and all around my oil pump, it's leaking down the block and running across the cross frame. I also have a high pitch knocking either in or under the supercharger. I took off the top SC tube and found oil in the tube and on the blades of the supercharger. The only MODS I did was the cone air filter running down to were the fog light was and 2&1/2inch from CATS back and two flowmaster mufflers. Oil pressure reading fine, no idiot lights are on in the cluster and the car is running strong as ever. On my 93 I spun a bearing and I don't want something like that on my 89 SC. I hope its just some gaskets to replace cause I don't have the money for big engine work. Just worried because its my daily driver. Hope one of you guys can throw me some ideas. Thanks for your time and can't wait for summer to hook up with you guys again. Thanks, Sam

forcfed93

we should seriously meet up. Also we should meet with the supercoupe club of iowa.

Most of us in the Iowa Chapter are in Central and Eastern Iowa, so something in Ill would not be any big deal with a bit of notice.

FYI, in case you were not aware ... every year we do a Spring and Fall "Drag Racing" event at Tri State Raceway in Earlville, Iowa (45 mins west of East Dubuque). We race against the GTP's. We call it Club Clash. Pleaee note that you are all very much welcome and invited to attend. It's open to any SC, T-Bird, Cougar and Lincoln Mark series vehicles as well as GTP, Grand Prix and like GM products.

TOMAUTO

my car i customized from the ground up took 3 years

mythunderbirdnewrims0072.jpg

mythunderbirdnewrims0132.jpg

mythunderbirdnewrims0052.jpg

CougarXR/7

Illinois Chapter

OKAY................I'd be willing to get things rolling and organized. We just need some owners to speak up and attend a meeting when we set one up.

CougarXR/7

Illinois Chapter

Ok......I wanted to establish a Chicagoland Chapter...................anyone interested in an Illinois chapter? Looking for starting this in 2010

slowpoke

Ok......I wanted to establish a Chicagoland Chapter...................anyone interested in an Illinois chapter? Looking for starting this in 2010

i would be all for an il chapter, just not Chicago. bad memories there. boot camp ext. plus thats a long drive from here. maybe Springfield?