I'm fixing my fathers 93 SC which has sat for eleven years!

I always noticed a piece of wood hanging off of the key chain, and it had "www.sccoa.com" I searched it and found this place. I always liked his SC but I finally got it it just needs repairs.
Welcome to the site.

After sitting 11 years, I'm sure it will need some attention. What happened to the front cover-are you rebuilding engine?

Welcome to the site.

After sitting 11 years, I'm sure it will need some attention. What happened to the front cover-are you rebuilding engine?
The harmonic balancer broke and my fauther tryed to repair it he did not see a hidden bolt, and when he tryed to take the timing cover off a part of it snaped off. Luckly my fauthers friend has a SC too and he got a second engien to swap it. With any luck he should still have it. The reason I am trying to get a freash engien is because my fauther did not fully block the engien, and we both are worried that rodents have entered it. We think it might be safer to just get a new engien.

I have a complete running SC engine in NJ that I would sell cheap if you are interested. It came out of a 90, had higher mileage but ran great, and head gaskets were already replaced at one point. I was going to swap it into a Mustang, but that project never happened.

I have a complete running SC engine in NJ that I would sell cheap if you are interested. It came out of a 90, had higher mileage but ran great, and head gaskets were already replaced at one point. I was going to swap it into a Mustang, but that project never happened.
I might buy it off of you but I need to wait first, a friend might have one but if he dose not we can discuss about prices. Only thing is I don't have alot of money for a engine at the moment depending on the price I could get enough money but, there are alot of different scenarios but I'll get back to you if my friend got rid of his.

hey Hognose do you have any pics of the car I'd like to see it... just cause I like these cars

Gonna be awesome once it gets cleaned up and running again is it the 5 speed or auto?
Sorry just got the notification but sadly it is a automatic, but I will probably convert it into a manual but I'm just going to leave it for now. I don't mind having a automatic.

yeah I'm more of a fan of the 5 speed also but I understand the market for the auto as well

Defintly keep us up to date with pics and how its going as you get into it always fun to see them return to the streets I get all giddy every time I see one where I am there are only like 3 or so that ive seen

Just got a red 1991 automatic. I bought it from a 85yr old woman, only owner, but it also sat a long time, car is in great shape, but the bumper covers need replaced, wiper motor, did the fuel pump, starter solenoid, just finished rebuilding & SEALING the supercharger. Great oil pressure, wants to get up and go NOW when you touch the accelerator. But the valves in the tyranny are sticky, you can feel the difference between a slam & sticky valves, can anyone give me some advice on common issues, I'm a Tech by trade, I was hoping to keep it all original except for paint, I figured I would flush everything, put in new high quality fluids, make it shine, thenhave the engine bay detailed replace the rubber hoses with some fancy steel branded shinny stuff & y
Try to get a good dollar for it.?
I kind of already know what I'm going to get from the internet . but if anyone took the time to read this and has good to say, I would appreciate it

Attachments

• 20230111_141833.jpg
    20230111_141833.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 9
Just got a red 1991 automatic. I bought it from a 85yr old woman, only owner, but it also sat a long time, car is in great shape, but the bumper covers need replaced, wiper motor, did the fuel pump, starter solenoid, just finished rebuilding & SEALING the supercharger. Great oil pressure, wants to get up and go NOW when you touch the accelerator. But the valves in the tyranny are sticky, you can feel the difference between a slam & sticky valves, can anyone give me some advice on common issues, I'm a Tech by trade, I was hoping to keep it all original except for paint, I figured I would flush everything, put in new high quality fluids, make it shine, thenhave the engine bay detailed replace the rubber hoses with some fancy steel branded shinny stuff & y
I kind of already know what I'm going to get from the internet . but if anyone took the time to read this and has good to say, I would appreciate it
Sorry man you put this in the wrong place.

Start you own post in New owners forum or Non technical forum

Back