ISO owner Hail damaged car

Shmit90051

ISO old owner. Car was from texas originally. 1 owner untill 2019. Had hail damage went to South Carolina. Then Florida now it's mine.
29000 miles

I have some questions. Has an exhaust system and a Pro-M MAF sensor housing.

Attachments

• 20210712_134419.jpg
    20210712_134419.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 14
Sounds like & looks like( by the pic's in both posts) the same car that midnightmoon posted about looking at this past Sunday $3900.00, 29,000 miles & hail damage & reconstructed title in 2014 out of Oklahoma in 2014. Guess it was wrote off due to damage? This car sure made the rounds.

This is a long post sorry..

That is the one. It was 1 owner from 1992 to 2019. 2017 hail damage. OK and TX... The car only had 4 owners including me. But one was a dealership where I purchased it from.

Whoever had it definitely took care of the car. There is not a scratch on the thing. Interior is spotless. Hail damage is a big bummer but all in all it's not horrible. I plan on keeping the car so I'm not worried about R-title.

It has super low mileage but that also means it sat a good bit. I'm flushing everything out and changing fluids. It was definitely garage kept by the looks of underneath.

Problem I have is trying to track down what's done too it. Has a true dual exhaust and a Pro-M MAF. The injectors look to be red or orange. And the EEC has writing Motor and Port sales. Not sure can't make it out. Seams like the car may have tune or should have a tune on it.

The fan was also wired to a switch on dash. From IRCM. Poorly... they tapped into the EEC power and would cook the EEC fuse when turned on. The IRCM is definitely bad as the fan would not work properly it ran very hot. I am currently working the fan correctly on its own circuit to a 3 position switch for high and low.

The DIS is also mounted with a wood block for a heat sink! Sure that works great too.. lol

All in all it's a nice car and just needs some TLC. Runs good but does have some hesitation at certain RPMs. Still on first tank a fuel since I bought it. Not sure how long it sat with same fuel. Next coupe tanks are gonna get some redline fuel treatment.

My OBD code reader finally came today there is a stored code for MAF out if range. Being a pro-m it has a serial number engraved on sensor I'm gonna give them a call and see what they say.

Back