JBL premium stereo

92stockbird

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of attempting to sell my bird. I would like the stereo to work. Everything is there, and almost hooked up. The question pertains to the JBL sub box.
The car had an aftermarket stereo in it. Coming from the package tray are 4 bolts with spacers that are about 1/2" to 1" long. The speaker box has all 4 fiberglass feet with a spacer about 1" to 1 1/2" long with a bolt, and a nut at the bottom. The question is, how does this bolt to the package tray? I also have the brackets.
Also, we hooked up the amp to the bass speaker, everything else from the stereo is hooked up, and all we hear is a pop, pop sound coming from the speakers. Can someone please help?

Thank you,
Jim JOHN 3:16

JBL Premium Stereo

KMT,

No I had not.
Thank you, he seems to be knowledgeable about these stereo systems.

Thank you,
Jim JOHN 3:16

I have photos of a disassembled factory sub woofer if you need them. As i recall, you need a deep-reach socket driver (10mm?) to split that box. I think most times the issue is with the factory head unit and/or blown subwoofer. I replaced the head unit and used Scosche adapter harnesses at the head unit and in the rear package tray. I added my own sub amp and a box with a pair of 10" Kickers.

JBL Premium Stereo

KMT,

Paul said the problem is probably IN THE RADIO or cd player.
I had already replaced the sub with one from the sc shop. Just needed a foam surround, which I found online at Simply Speakers.com.
The only sound I' am getting is a pop from the sub.

Thank you,
Jim JOHN 3: 16

Since you've already invested in the factory sub repair, you might as well go shopping for good used radio and CD players. Check the for sale forum and maybe post a want to buy ad.

Good luck and I hope you can recover your costs when selling the car.

JBL Premium Stereo

KMT,

Paul rebuilds the radio, and cd player, and goes beyond replacing just what needs replacement, with better parts, for $95.00.
Not sure if that is for each, or both. With a warranty that if it does not work, as it should, he pays for what is wrong, as well as shipping both ways.
He said only 1 out 100 had a problem after he repaired it. It is all in that radio repair guide you had sent to me.

Jim JOHN 3: 16

Back