JMOD questions... help for 94-95 trans...

phils89sc

I am looking on trying to correct this very lazy shifting trans in my 94 Tbird. I have read some articles on this mod and it has very good reviews. I want very quick shifts, but not anything that is going to break my neck all of the time. My 94 only has 26k miles on it and I want to do this on its first trans service. I am fully competent and can handle the work. I have heard that are varying levels you can set this JMOD up with. I can say that I want very quick shifts, as I am the only one who drives / rides in my car. But, I don't want neck snapping constantly, even at light throttle driving.

I know you generally cannot get the best of both worlds, so I am looking for some advice and maybe an instruction on how to do this.

Thanks all!

When my transmission was built and valve body j mod'd we used the hardest levels outlined in the tech articles. None of which are neck breaking. Id say noticeable or firm more or less.

Go to the forums on tccoa.com and look for “TCCoA old homepage content”. On that page you'll find “Transmission articles”. Under transmission articles you'll find “Ford Overdrive Transmissions 101”. It's a long read but the detailed instructions for the J-Mod are under “Modifying The Main Control”. I did the j-mod on my 94 SC several years ago and it's to not hard at all. Just take your time and follow the instructions . I love the difference it made in 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.

Go to the forums on tccoa.com and look for “TCCoA old homepage content”. On that page you'll find “Transmission articles”. Under transmission articles you'll find “Ford Overdrive Transmissions 101”. It's a long read but the detailed instructions for the J-Mod are under “Modifying The Main Control”. I did the j-mod on my 94 SC several years ago and it's to not hard at all. Just take your time and follow the instructions . I love the difference it made in 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.
Thank you for the info! I appreciate it!

Back