Keller-Westlake Area

txsc

I have a job opportunity cooking in Keller, and am going up early next week to interview/look around. Does anyone have good first-hand information on the area: housing/schools/shopping, etc? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

JD

I have a job opportunity cooking in Keller, and am going up early next week to interview/look around. Does anyone have good first-hand information on the area: housing/schools/shopping, etc? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

JD

I am in the Keller area tonight (Sun 03/16) thru Tue. evening. Let me know if anyone has input.

Thanks,

JD

Keller/Westlake is across town from me... afraid I can't be alot of help.

But I do know that area is around the Texas Motor Speedway and Alliance Airport, and it's kind of one of the hotspots for growth right now.

Rick lives closer and probably can provide more detail...

Jeez Jerry, Didnt you just get that other job last fall???

Yep, they just shut the place down last week, 6 months after bringing us on; we never even got production started up. We were right to the point of making 480VAC connections to the machines in the new $10MM plant, and they pulled the plug. New corporate management about 2 months ago; they're shaking things up. That's the way it goes...

JD

im up in saginaw, not really close to keller, but keller seems to be a nice area...if you end up, up here you should definitely give me a holler.

Sorry to hear that Jerry, good luck in your search. How'd it go today??? Interview yet??

Interviewed last week, and it went well. They invited me back up for a second round before I got home! I went thru a day-long 2nd interview Wednesday (03/26), and it must have went well, because they shot me a verbal offer before I left at the end of the day. The "official" corporate package is coming this Sat or next Mon via FedEx, but it looks pretty good. I'm going to negotiate a little bit, but it's a good offer for a good position with an excellent company. Looks like I'm headed for D/FW real soon!

JD

nice to see you coming to dfw man, if there is anything I can give you a hand with lemme know.

Thanks - Recieved the corporate offer package Friday, and am in the middle of negotiations with them now. That, and trying to get my house ready to put on the market; lots of minor projects to get finished up. Once we're up there and moving in, I'm sure I'll need an occasional hand to get my shop set up, etc. I'll keep the offer in mind...

JD

Negotiation is complete, and I am officially headed to Keller. Don't have timing yet, but I'm going to hold them off as long as possible to give me a chance to prepare here, and hopefully get the house sold quickly. They're paying for the pack/load/move, so it won't be too bad. Let's do beer and steaks when I get settled in.

Cheers,

JD

sounds good to me man, sounds like this new company is taking care of you; which always is good. best of luck on getting the house sold. lemme know if you need anything.

Wow.. sounds like a perfect excuse to have a Welcome to Dallas get together with Jerry. All area SC owners now need to focus on getting a vehicle into presentable condition. ;) :cool:

Update

Starting the new job on Monday 05/05. Going to be living in some temporary housing until 05/29 (driving home on weekends); then we close on our new house in Haslet. That will be the big moving weekend. I'll be glad when it's all over with...

JD

I have to ask. Did you guys get together?

I know on Tccoa they are always asking about a meet in Dallas and no one ever shows. If it did work I'll get them to look over here next time they bring it up.

I have to ask. Did you guys get together?

I know on Tccoa they are always asking about a meet in Dallas and no one ever shows. If it did work I'll get them to look over here next time they bring it up.

Haven't gotten together yet; been preoccupied with work and getting set up at the new place. Sounds like a good idea though. May just wait a little while until the weather cools off; it's just too blasted HOT right now. Maybe as we get a little closer to fall...

JD

Back