Knocking in the 2500-3500 RPM Ranges?

JLNeon

There's a knock coming form the engine that's fairly loud, it only happens after driving it for about 5 minutes, after it's good and warmed up, and if I'm idling or accelerating around the 2500-3500 range.

It may be hard to say, but I thought the times that it happend may hint towards something

Thanks guys!
Kyle

Could be an indication of alot of things..

Perhaps there is some tuning/computer/fuel issues. After the car warms up it is supposed to go into "closed loop" mode. Where it uses "real time" info from the O2 sensors to adjust fuel mixutre. Perhaps you are running grossly lean?

Or maybe you've got engine mechanical problems. How severe is the knocking?

Funny you should mention that, the car threw out the codes 67 and 91, 67 I believe it was, was the o2 sensor, which could explain that.

And the knocking started when the check engine light came on.

Oh yes...

You need to solve those codes first. If it costs you new O2 sensors then so be it. It really could boil down to lots of old worn tune up parts, like wires plugs, air filters, and O2 sensors

There could also be some extremely low quality fuel in your tank. Fill up with some good stuff and run a powerful fuel injector cleaner. Like Berryman's fuel injection cleaner.

Using some intake manifold cleaner wouldn't hurt either. report back if you are still having probls.

Back