Meet in April, any interest?

SCTBIRD1173

SCCoA Member
Joe and I are looking into a meet for sometime in April; wondering if there is any interest and any ideas/preference.

The warmer weather is upon us, hope to see everyone soon!

I'm interested!! :D:cool: I'll just put this out there: Seems we have more guys from PA interested than from NJ, lol, so the below location is "reasonably" close (not far off Route 195 - that's 195, not I95 :rolleyes:). I was here for a Fusion meet a few years ago and it is a nice low-key place with a car theme!

http://jbsdiner.com/

J B's Diner  
4.6 out of 5 (18 Google reviews)

Address: 205 Monmouth Rd, Freehold, NJ 07728
Phone: (732) 866-0220
https://www.google.com/maps/place/J...6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x1da5a39b4df65f39!6m1!1e1

Attachments

• JB Diner 2.JPG
    JB Diner 2.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 106
  • JB Diner.JPG
    JB Diner.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 105
Here's another one that wouldn't be too bad for our PA guys...

The Chatterbox Drive-In  
47 Google reviews
$$ · Hamburger Restaurant · Augusta
Address: 1 NJ-15, Augusta, NJ 07822
Phone: (973) 300-2300
Hours: Open today · 11:30AM–9PM
Menu: chatterboxdrivein.com

Central Jersey would be a little better for those of us in Virginia to come too. But the Weekend of April 23 I have trade show that I have already paid for.

Hey guys please do not forget we have a Car Show April 23 just over the bridge in Morrisville. There is food there too., breakfast in the morning, pizza, ribs and beer in the afternoon.

I have to work on 4/9, so my vote would be for 4/16.

4/16 for me too. Rest of the month is booked.

Ok, so April 16th it is!

Saturday, 4/16/16, 3pm
J B's Diner  
Address: 205 Monmouth Rd, Freehold, NJ 07728
Phone: (732) 866-0220
https://www.google.com/maps/place/J+...f65f39!6m1!1e1

These restaurant meets generally last about 3 hours or so, depending on turnout. Bring your T-Bird, Mercury, Lincoln, etc. if you can, if not just drive whatever gets you there!

Please post here if you will be coming, and we will also send out a Facebook event notice for those in our FB Group. Search "New Jersey Thunderbird and Cougar Club (NJTaCC)" to join that group too!

Also, don't forget about the Car Show run by J Miller and Fast Freddy the following Saturday, 4/23. See the post about it in this sub-forum.

And if you are reading this and are interested in our meets, please subscribe to this forum (Forum: Super Coupe Club of New Jersey). Click on "Forum Tools" on the right side of the screen, select "Subscribe to this forum", and choose notification type "Daily updates by email". This way anytime there may be a meet notice, you will get an email. (You will get an email anytime someone posts something new in this sub-forum, but that is not too often...)

Last edited:
Any confirmations for 4/16? Sure got quiet in here, lol! Where are all the guys who keep expressing interest in our meets and say they will be at the next one? :confused::rolleyes:

I have a feeling most people took to the FB post on this one. I'd like to make it, but not sure of my schedule just yet. Probably won't have the SC as I think I have a power steering leak and haven't really driven it yet this year.

Anyone going to Charlotte car show this weekend?

I'm heading to Charlotte the weekend of 9-10 April?

Dave
95- 5 speed, 60k

Anyone going to Charlotte car show this weekend?

I'm heading to Charlotte the weekend of 9-10 April?

Dave
95- 5 speed, 60k

MEET CANCELLED due to lack of interest.

Sorry, we just did not get enough definite yes answers to make it worthwhile. Thanks to those who did commit - just hate to see folks come a long way expecting a "meet" to find only a few guys showed up.

Going forward we will start posting a minimum # of people needed to make the meet happen. Stay tuned for info on our summer BBQ event coming soon!

Back