My Build

Truebird sc

Block 3.8 SC motor for u guys that dont know
now is goin to be a Thunderbird SCT (t for turbo lol)

-hone,bored 0.030
-stroke to a 4.2
-4.2 crank
-scot rods 6.125"
-wisco piston
-comp cam .560" lift and 218-224 dur.114 or 115 isa not sure
-Total Seal Gapless (Crapless) rings
-fully ported heads with big ~~~ valves
-scorpio rocker arms
-custom made girdle
-arp bolts all around
-BHJ S.F.I Balancer

Thanks to

R&D Machine shop and donie
Decipha for all the help
Dave Dalke for the excellent work on the heads and all the parts

scblock6.jpg

scblock3.jpg

scblock2.jpg

scblock.jpg

scblock12.jpg

scblock11.jpg

scblock9.jpg

scblock8.jpg

Last edited:
Block 3.8 SC motor for u guys that dont know
now is goin to be a Thunderbird SCT (t for turbo lol)

-hone,bored 0.030
-stroke to a 4.2
-4.2 crank
-scot rods 6.125"
-wisco piston
-comp cam .560" lift and 218-224 dur.114 or 115 isa not sure
-Total Seal Gapless (Crapless) rings
-fully ported heads with big ~~~ valves
-scorpio rocker arms
-custom made girdle
-arp bolts all around
-BHJ S.F.I Balancer

Thanks to

R&D Machine shop and donie
Decipha for all the help
Dave Dalke for the excellent work on the heads and all the parts

scblock6.jpg

scblock3.jpg

scblock2.jpg

scblock.jpg

scblock12.jpg

scblock11.jpg

scblock9.jpg

scblock8.jpg

What part #scorpio rocker arms did you buy? I can't find a listing for this motor. I also am building a 4.2{supercharged} motor, with @ the identical mods as you. Are you going to have enough clearance using the 1.73 rockers with that cam? I am running a regrind 212/218 dur .520/.520" lift w/stock rockers and ARP bolts. I was told I would gain nothing with roller rockers. I used the ultra thin racing hgaskets w/ARP bolts. Heads were shaved .010 and ported.

roller rockers= less friction. so no matter what they will help. they might not help enough to measure but they will help. plus they look cool. :)

What part #scorpio rocker arms did you buy? I can't find a listing for this motor. I also am building a 4.2{supercharged} motor, with @ the identical mods as you. Are you going to have enough clearance using the 1.73 rockers with that cam? I am running a regrind 212/218 dur .520/.520" lift w/stock rockers and ARP bolts. I was told I would gain nothing with roller rockers. I used the ultra thin racing hgaskets w/ARP bolts. Heads were shaved .010 and ported.

i dont remember the part number but ill find out for u, the cost me 210 i think but u have to get a diff bolt cuz is no the same as the head. Yea i have enough clearance . we i was told the same i wouldnt gain anything some said ill pick like 5hp but i dont really care do makes the engine look that much better then the stock rockers. the gaskets im using are felpro i forgot the part number but they are good as far as i know ran me like 22 each gasket. Dave Dalke did my head he did a preaty good job.

What year motor did the lower intake manifold come from ? Asking because all the ones I've seen used before had the intake ports in a nice straight row, and yours are staggered.

What are your plans for the upper intake ? What transmission will you be using ? What size turbo ?

David

What year motor did the lower intake manifold come from ? Asking because all the ones I've seen used before had the intake ports in a nice straight row, and yours are staggered.

What are your plans for the upper intake ? What transmission will you be using ? What size turbo ?

David

its a 1990 , i got the intake of a regular 3.8 tbird and we cut it down t
o were u see it now it was much higher and the ports are bigger then before . im planning on making a bread box with the TB coming from the front but still trying to figure some things out to see what will work best havent decided yet still working on it. im goin to be using t 5speed sc tranny m5r2, turbo is a t70

if u got a pic of the intake they using send me a pic to see it brings me some idea
thanks

Last edited:
its a 1990 , i got the intake of a regular 3.8 tbird and we cut it down t
o were u see it now it was much higher and the ports are bigger then before . im planning on making a bread box with the TB coming from the front but still trying to figure some things out to see what will work best havent decided yet still working on it. im goin to be using t 5speed sc tranny m5r2, turbo is a t70

if u got a pic of the intake they using send me a pic to see it brings me some idea
thanks

I think you made a mistake sawing the top of the manifold off. You want all the runner length you can get, and being able to use a stock gasket is also a plus.

Here are a couple threads that might give you some ideas. Both used stock lower manifolds and custom uppers.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100542&highlight=turbo+manifold

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97711&highlight=precision+turbo

David

Back