My Gauge Cluster

ilovemy89sc

Was going through some old pics when I saw a photo of my cluster from 2016. Crazy how much adding LEDs to the cluster and throwing an aftermarket boost gauge in it makes it look more modern (currently a placeholder gauge, works but I don’t like the white face. Will go black faced sport comp 2s in it)

My ideal cluster would include aftermarket gauges in it for oil pressure and water temp, I have about 4 other clusters that I can mess with. I did a similar thing with my stock gauge pod in my Fairlane with aftermarket gauges so I know I’m capable enough, just lazy :D

C570EC91-1A3A-4D2B-A79F-6616C58583A5.jpeg
2FB15FAF-1AED-4B22-A83C-45613A4655C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice. It sure looks better now. Did you use use individual LED bulbs or put a LED light strip inside?

Very nice. It sure looks better now. Did you use use individual LED bulbs or put a LED light strip inside?

They’re all individual bulbs I got off eBay years ago. Haven’t had any issues. Definitely worth the $10 I think I paid

I installed new LED bulbs in my instrument cluster about a year ago and now I have had problems with 2 of the bulbs going out. Some times they work and sometimes they don't. Before pulling the cluster out again what is an easy way to fix this or is there one?

I installed new LED bulbs in my instrument cluster about a year ago and now I have had problems with 2 of the bulbs going out. Some times they work and sometimes they don't. Before pulling the cluster out again what is an easy way to fix this or is there one?

Buy better bulbs.

The cheap eBay or Amazon LEDs will quit quickly.

RwP

Are the LEDs still dimmable like the original incandescent bulbs?

Also, is there any flicker at all? I put in LED bulbs in my low voltage under cabinet lighting, and the flicker drives me crazy (my wife doesn't even notice).

Are the LEDs still dimmable like the original incandescent bulbs?

Also, is there any flicker at all? I put in LED bulbs in my low voltage under cabinet lighting, and the flicker drives me crazy (my wife doesn't even notice).

Alas, no; they dim ever so slightly until they turn off.

SBL and VLEDS both stock dimmable ones, though; I was cheap.

Should be no flicker on a DC circuit; I don't notice any anyway.

RwP

Nice work. How difficult was the addition of the boost gauge to cluster?
This thread has details, but the picture links are broken since the form was moved.

This thread has details, but the picture links are broken since the form was moved.

The pictures are in my garage page.

Back