National MN12 Meet - Thanks!

G

gldiii

I just wanted to post now that I am back from the little vacation I took in conjunction with attending the meet.

Kudos to Col. Glenn and Kurt S. (and probably others) for keeping the rowdy bunch in line and on time for the weekend events. Let's just say the both of them were very adaptable to any situation!

Also, big thanks to all that supplied goodies for the raffle. It was a big hit with all present. I enjoyed seeing a big representation of MN12 vendors and webmasters all in one gathering. Nice commemorative hats and shirts were available courtesy of Todd and Eric. Special thanks to Duffy Floyd for his 11th hour presentation of Dr. Fred's (who could not be there) paper. Good work, Duffy! It's hard to talk tech that late at night!

I challenge all of the MN12 owners to try and make the 2002 event wherever it is held. It is really hard to have a national meet that is convenient for everyone. I drove quite a ways, and, yes, I drive, not trailer SWB #005 to meets, and it was well worth my time. Hope to see more of you in 2002. If you go, they just might celebrate your birthday (actual birth date not important) in the restaurant. That chocolate cake with ice cream was great!

It is good to talk with old friends and meet new ones at these events. People walk up and say "hello" 'cause they know you from things you have posted. It's great to put a face with a bbs handle. Man, that Vernon can change fuel pressure on an SC faster than anyone I've ever seen! It is also nice to have these events when the weather is warm for all the lovely wives and girlfriends that turn out as well. (Uhh, I was only looking, guys, honest!) Many of those ladies own and sometimes race their SC as well (or better) than the guys!!!!

Many, many fine cars were at the meet, stock and modified. I really enjoy seeing what everyone has done with his or her prized possession. Now we just need that magazine coverage that our cars really deserve!

i couldnt agree more, it was a blast. I loved seeing SWB no. 5.

I cant wait for 02. i hope to be able to bring my car next time.

George,

I second the motion.

The Judge

slightly older than George

It was great, & I encourage all to attend future meets as well. By the way George I'm still in need of help with those awesome flush mount hood latches...e-mail me [email]tjpaint@kci.net[/email]

Back