Need some help again

35th

Alright so I know this post isn't about an SC but I don't know where to turn where anyone would know more about tbirds than here so...
97 thunderbird lx 4.6 auto
Just replaced the transmission with a reman and it throws a code p1270 which from everything I can find is high rpm or speed limiter reached so I've absoulely never seen this code in this car before but I never revd it up and can't get past 25mph as soon as it's about to shift into 2nd it bucks and goes into a "limp mode" scenario now Tuesday (2 days ago) before pulling the transmission I could drive it as normal but it was slipping and had torque converter shudder I've done this swap many times (with used transmissions) 4 in 5 years this is the first reman and first time I've ever had this problem I didn't force anything into place plenty of fluid made sure torque converter was properly seated in place (made that mistake on the 1st used trans swap) I changed the speed sensor in the thought maybe somehow the original failed no broken or damaged wires going to the trans harness and up utterly lost beyond lost...

Pretty simple, just consult the supplier/rebuilder or return it to them.
Reman would have some type of warrenty?

So I did some live data test with the car on jack stands the desire torque converter slippage says 1020 but actual slippage is 2400 at about 1500 rpm sending it into the red as far as my data stream shows so my question is can anything in the transmission cause this or is it a bad torque converter trying to fix asap as we have no running vehicles currently because of this and I've got 2 kids who are stranded

I'd be consulting the rebuilder/supplier before you touch anything else
on it & possibly void any warranty coverage it may have.

Seeing the unit you removed was slipping, likely lots of contamination/fillings in system
so, hoping cooler & lines were flushed accordingly or warranty already voided?

They where flushed I can't get ahold of the builder till Monday and I'd have to wait on them to ship either another trans or torque converter so we are talking a week or more and no way to get anywhere I live to far out to walk to anything

Hopefully you don't need another trans &/or converter & they are able to help you
diagnose the code & the symptoms you are having since the install. Maybe its something
they've ran into before & its a simple fix.

So got it put back together with a different rebuilt trans from a local transmission shop and it works finally so now I've got to deal with the supplier of the 1st reman since they are ducking me and won't answer anything in order to give me a refund so my issue was definitely something to do with a bad rebuild....

It's never ending as soon as I'm leaving the island the tide of tbirds pushes me right back just found a major oil leak in my 97lx at the oil filter housing so working on getting it fixed...

Attachments

• 20211216_121436.jpg
    20211216_121436.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211216_120039.jpg
    20211216_120039.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 9
Back