Need source for aftermarket front seat upholstery..

phils89sc

I have robbed my red SC seats from my part 95 SC. I am going to put them in my 94 LX to replace the less than optimal leather seats in it. They offer no comfort or support. I am also going to add aftermarket seat heat while I have the covers off.

I have seen some on SCP, but was not sure if there are other options available..

I have tan interior and would like to stick with that if possible.

Thanks in advance!

If you mean color options, quoting SCP's website on seat coverings:
Options available:
- Many unique and factory colors available.

As you can see, we can truly CUSTOMIZE your interior to satisfy your needs. Due to the MANY different possibilities for this item we ask that you call us to order so we get it right the first time.

Remember that this item is for the front AND back seats AND all head rests. If you are looking for a front pair or rear set only then the cost will be 70% of the pricing shown for the complete set. Call us for an order like this.

If you mean pricing, I'm not aware of another vendor that has an SC focus. Have you spoken to upholstery shops locally?

I added seat heaters to my '90 Anny, and while it took time, is was very doable. I needed a bolster repair at the same time, I skinned, then had the bolster stiiched up while I went to work on the heating elements. Might be SCP is the best deal for covers, and you can DIY the re-skin and heaters.

If you mean color options, quoting SCP's website on seat coverings:
Can you give any info on the seat heaters , It's cold here in winter , the one thing I felt lacking in factory options for a car ahead of it's time back in 1990.

If you mean pricing, I'm not aware of another vendor that has an SC focus. Have you spoken to upholstery shops locally?

I added seat heaters to my '90 Anny, and while it took time, is was very doable. I needed a bolster repair at the same time, I skinned, then had the bolster stiiched up while I went to work on the heating elements. Might be SCP is the best deal for covers, and you can DIY the re-skin and heaters.

info on the seat heaters

I bought a kit off ebay that does two seats, bottom and back each, lo/hi heat. That was the easy part.

- Remove seat and take everything apart except for the base & motors. Dissassembly means separating the back from the bottom, watch out for the tubing for the bladders, best to take lots of photos so you can put it all back where it belongs.
- With the skins off (lots of work...), I attached the heating elements and routed the wiring being sure to alllow for seat and back articulation.
1642565548709.png
1642565954753.png
- I wanted a healthy current feed (key on: accy & run), which ended up being a large red wire in the channel under the carpet, just inside the door sill:
1642565485840.png
- went from there, under the carpet and out next to the rear floor vent:
1642565422315.png
- I picked a location for both switches, then laid the wires out for them and drilled holes in the console. Console was removed from SC for drilling, wiring continued under the carpet, up the side of the hump and out of the carpet on the top, under the center box.
1642565310908.png

I bought a kit off ebay that does two seats, bottom and back each, lo/hi heat. That was the easy part.

- Remove seat and take everything apart except for the base & motors. Dissassembly means separating the back from the bottom, watch out for the tubing for the bladders, best to take lots of photos so you can put it all back where it belongs.
- With the skins off (lots of work...), I attached the heating elements and routed the wiring being sure to alllow for seat and back articulation.
View attachment 96414
View attachment 96415
- I wanted a healthy current feed (key on: accy & run), which ended up being a large red wire in the channel under the carpet, just inside the door sill:
View attachment 96413
- went from there, under the carpet and out next to the rear floor vent:
View attachment 96412
- I picked a location for both switches, then laid the wires out for them and drilled holes in the console. Console was removed from SC for drilling, wiring continued under the carpet, up the side of the hump and out of the carpet on the top, under the center box.
View attachment 96411
Man, that looks great! How well do those heaters work?

Ceramic elements, I paid around $50 for the kit - decent when they get going, take a bit longer to throw heat than OE in my Audi, as an example, so short trips of a few miles not much use. I could have paid more for better performance I guess, but didn't see the need in my case.

I wanted to note that my main concern when shopping for DIY seat heaters was over the switches. I didn't want to put them in the dash - they had to fit in the console, within easy reach, along with good clearance underneath for connections, while looking as factory as possible.

I investigated putting them rear of the two rockers, but decided against that location. I could have hid them on the sides of the console, but seat position and lack of eyes on the indicators ruled that out.

I like them right where they are. The indicator light changes color based on lo/hi.

Back