Need to sell 1994 SC auto ~80k miles

franky_402

Hello all,

Its been a long long time since ive been around. The time has come that I need to sell my car. Looking to relocate out of state before the end of the year and need to lose the car unfortunately.

1994 Thunderbird SC AUTO with about 80k miles. Oxford White w/moonroof, premium sound system and grey leather interior, also with early style wheels.

Car is not in the best of shape and has not ran in a couple of years sadly, the radiator sprung a nasty leak (blew out drain plug on the highway) and I attempted to repair it but it seemed to me afterwards exhaust gases were coming into the coolant after repair as the upper hose would get hard and then bubble out of the overflow (not sure if that is how it works?) . I never did test it to see what the actual problem was as I did not have the funds to replace the radiator with a new one to see if that resolved the issue.

**THERE IS NO COOLANT ENTERING THE OIL** and there was no white smoke leaving the tail pipes when it last ran.

My plan was to originally save up to get a new radiator and see if that was the issue (incorrect pressure in the system causing coolant to boil maybe?) However the fear that the head gasket may have also went meant that I may have to spend money only to find out I needed to fund a much bigger repair.

Well as life has it I never did get around to fixing the car and so it sits still, sad and lonely looking for someone to bring it back to life and love it lol.

Car will need to be towed as the tires are old and dont hold air very well, also the fact it hasnt started in some time. Depending on interest I may decide to attempt to replace the battery and drain the old fuel add some new and attempt to get it running long enough to prove the engine is solid.

Good:
Car has around 80k miles, will try to update post with actual mileage when I get the pictures.
Catless downpipes with full flowmaster force II exhaust
3-5% S/C OD pulley
White faced gauges
Paint is in pretty good shape aside from the front bumper

Bad:
Drivers cornering lamp is broken
Front bumper has damage and drivers fender is also damaged.
Little larger than pea sized rust spot on drivers door near belt trim.
Rear seats have split on top seams as usual.
Driver seat is fairly dirty with one small hole (from a screwdriver)
Antenna mast was broken off (I do have another antenna assembly that I planned on swapping in before the radiator issue and never got around to it)
And honestly im sure there is more, will take note with pictures.

I will post pictures soon as I can but mainly looking for any interest to start with. KBB in fair condition states 2500 private party. Im looking for 2,500 OBO at this time and do not have the time or resources to part the vehicle out. I am not looking to trade and will entertain all reasonable offers. Car is located in Illinois about 1.5hrs west of Chicago.

I think someone with the right knowledge and a few bucks can bring this car back to glory, great project car

Sorry all, life has been extra crazy lately due to covid unfortunately. Working to get back to 100% and get the car pictures. Will keep updated soon thanks

Back