New Owner of a 35th Anniversary Edition Soon

35th

Man that's a great looking SC I wish mine looked that good but maybe in enough time I can get it back to that condition which of course won't be exactly the same because yours was very well maintained and mine appears to have been worked on and driven by absolute baboons

Fab Bird

Man that's a great looking SC I wish mine looked that good but maybe in enough time I can get it back to that condition which of course won't be exactly the same because yours was very well maintained and mine appears to have been worked on and driven by absolute baboons
Thanks man! Yes, baboons shouldn't be let drive or work on cars, especially not on cars like that. Always sad when it happens, I hope you can get it back to good condition!

Fab Bird

Interesting that it wasn't sold until 8 months later.
The dealership must have been getting a little nervous
that it wouldn't. It was a expensive car & the 91's would've
already been out for months.
I was wondering the same. The dealer ordering it almost fully loaded made it expensive indeed I guess but he didn't take the works. I'll have to check what he actually left unchecked. CD-Player for sure, maybe automatic temperature control AC & anti-theft...?

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
I don't think the auto air or electronic climate control system was available in 90?
So maybe all yours is missing is the c.d. player & anti theft system. Front license plate holder, block heater?

Still pretty neat that your car was produced the same day as 1 of mine (March 13th)

Fab Bird

That's neat indeed!
I just checked the brochure, you are totally right. AC was standard on any T-Bird but no upgrade to auto temp control available. I assumed there must have been one since both my '87 Turbo Coupe & '97 LX have it. Funny that they didn't offer one during that period, maybe they wanted to keep it exclusive for Lincoln (the MK VII was still on the Fox body then though and had the old one I have in my Turbo Coupe) or they didn't have one yet that fit optically.

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
My 87 Turbo coupe has it & so does my 93 S/C , so not sure when they dropped as a option, 1989 with new body? Or when it became available again.

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
If you look at the 2nd picture I posted Oct 9th location (E7) I think its mounted just to the left of that ground buss.
I'll take a picture tonight.

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
Hard to see, it is mounted just below the ground buss
It is finned the same as the pic you posted. I think they
tried to mount it in a location that gets some airflow to cool it.
I'm sure as long as you bolt it to a clean metal surface
in case it does need to be grounded, it should be fine.

Attachments

• 20211101_174448.jpg
    20211101_174448.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211101_174408.jpg
    20211101_174408.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 10

Fab Bird

Ah OK, way low down there! If it's too hard to reach I'll just use zip ties on the next best place I can find. Many thanks for the pics!!

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
Sorry, its so dirty LOL. The only thing at home right now is a parts car.
The rest went into storage on the weekend.

Fab Bird

LOL yeah, looks like an off-road Jeep or something...! The picture wouldn't help more the car were cleaner though, so no need to apologize.

EDIT: They say they will start preparing my SC for the DMV etc. on Friday, I hope they'll keep their word...!

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
I hope they get it through the inspection for you in time that you can get to drive it a little this year.
0 Celsius here today. Forecasting snow by the weekend

Fab Bird

I hope they get it through the inspection for you in time that you can get to drive it a little this year.
0 Celsius here today. Forecasting snow by the weekend
Oh, you guys have already snow this weekend. The last time I remember snow in November here was when I was a kid in the '80's. So I'm hoping for another weekend or two to go for a drive in nice (though cold) weather. I doesn't look like it at the moment, rain all the time...

rafa_pr

Very nice car! Congrats!

I'm a SC owner outside US too, speaking from Brazil! Here these cars are extremely rare too!! I've never had seen one, until I've bought mine :O !

Fab Bird

Cool, thanks a lot! I've seen a white SC back in the early 2000's, that's it...! I've seen a couple of V8's during that time though. But today I seem to be the only one... must be even rarer to catch one in a big country like Brazil.

Fab Bird

Unfortunately I'm experiencing trouble getting the car passed by Swiss DMV. They say it's too loud...! I saw that it had flowmasters installed but the car passed German regulations (which usually are similar or identical to ours) and it wasn't loud at all when I test drove it. So I wasn't worried too much about it but now they say it's 2 decibels too loud... :-( I'll have to find an original exhaust system which is not that easy here and probably expensive. Would someone here happen to know where I can find an original exhaust system or does somebody have one and would be willing to sell it? Catalytic converter backwards that is (without the catalytic converters themselves).

I could always go with something like Walker but I've been advised to look for original to avoid running into further obstacles. Any help or offers would be highly appreciated, so I could get this beautiful car finally on the streets.