new owner of a blue bird

rafa_pr

hi guys,

here is my bird: it's a '92 super coupe with auto trans, gray interior and a dark blue exterior. i'm loving this car!!

i'm speaking from Brazil, we don't have many SC's here, actually they are very rare in my country. This car has only 30k miles and i've started a few changes:

- a custom 12% smaller supercharger pulley ;
- new bosch 65lbs/h injectors;
- walbro 450 l/h fuel pump;
- removed EEC computer and installed a Fueltech FT450 programmable ECU;
- removed the DIS module also, now it's running a Fueltech SparkPro-6 module with 6 individual Bosch coils;
- custom exhaust without catalytic converters, 2 1/4 pipes and some brazilian mufflers like a flowmaster on each side;
- now car is running on E90 fuel;

On first shot car runs 217whp on dyno (with stock SC pulley), but it was making only 9psi since where I live is 900m above sea level.

some pics:

IMG_1324.JPEG

IMG_1322.JPEG

IMG_1320.JPEG

IMG_1317.JPEG

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

hope we can share some ideas, this forum and site helped a lot already, since i've got the entire 1992 Super Coupe wiring diagram when I was installing the new ECU!!

Really nice looking bird. I like a few of the mods, but wonder why you need bigger injectors at 217 hp? What I really like is the "antenna up" switch. Wish my '95 had that.

Very nice, luv the mods, thanks for sharing.
Tks KMT!
Really nice looking bird. I like a few of the mods, but wonder why you need bigger injectors at 217 hp? What I really like is the "antenna up" switch. Wish my '95 had that.
Tks JonS! The bigger injectors are needed because it's running on ethanol (E90), than you need at last 30% more flow than the equivalent power running on gasoline! And my plans are to get something around 250-260whp (~300hp at engine), so I need more flow to feed the engine!!

Yeah, this switch antenna is so cool, it's really a 90's thing!!

Even with the 12% OD pulley it's making only 11psi now. I'm trying to figer out if I have some leakage on the tubes/intercooler or if I'm facing some belt slippage... is there an easy way to find that out??

Tks KMT!

Tks JonS! The bigger injectors are needed because it's running on ethanol (E90), than you need at last 30% more flow than the equivalent power running on gasoline! And my plans are to get something around 250-260whp (~300hp at engine), so I need more flow to feed the engine!!

Yeah, this switch antenna is so cool, it's really a 90's thing!!

Even with the 12% OD pulley it's making only 11psi now. I'm trying to figer out if I have some leakage on the tubes/intercooler or if I'm facing some belt slippage... is there an easy way to find that out??
"Even with the 12% OD pulley it's making only 11psi now. I'm trying to figer out if I have some leakage on the tubes/intercooler or if I'm facing some belt slippage... is there an easy way to find that out??"

With a higher flow / lower backpressure exhaust, the boost might go down. Right now, based on your description, you may be flow restricted at the stock inlet.

Good luck!

Some news on the blue bird:

Now we're making a brand new custom made aluminiun radiator (the stock one began with several leakages on the top plastic box) and a custom frontal mount intercooler.

Together with the intercooler upgrade we're making a new custom jackshaft pulley with a 10% OD on the blower side. Let's see in the next few days how much boost I can get now!
IMG_1665.JPEG

IMG_1683.JPEG
4ae88e6d-0a98-426e-8e46-b37d78f08eab.jpg

regards!!

Attachments

• IMG_1666.JPEG
    IMG_1666.JPEG
    181 KB · Views: 6
Sweet! What kinda timing at WOT you got in it? Fab up a front mount intercooler while your are doing the radiator. Oops. reread and see that the intercooler is in the works too!

Sweet! What kinda timing at WOT you got in it? Fab up a front mount intercooler while your are doing the radiator. Oops. reread and see that the intercooler is in the works too!
Yeah, we're fabricating a new FMIC already! The new jackshaft pulley is ready and installed:

1637171534740.png

These are the ignition maps that i'm currently running:

This is the principal map based on RPM
1637171628871.png

This is the map based on the MAP sensor/boost level:
1637171699371.png

As the car makes something like 0,72 bar (10,5 psi) at ~4400 RPM (power peak RPM), the timing at WOT in these conditions should be around 26-26,5º BTDC (note that APMS in portuguese means BTDC). Remember that my car is running on E100! ;)

A larger throttle body would help to increase the boost. 75mm would be plenty for your application.
Thanks for the tip David! I'll probably try the Super Coupe Performance 75mm TBI in the next few months! Should I expect a much worse driveability with this bigger tbi?

Thanks for the tip David! I'll probably try the Super Coupe Performance 75mm TBI in the next few months! Should I expect a much worse driveability with this bigger tbi?
No, it just reduces the blower inlet restriction. Switching to a late model (94/95) supercharger with rectangular inlet and an MP inlet plenum would be the next upgrades I would recommend. Neither will impact driveability but will increase power.

When you changed to a different SC pulley I'm assuming that you changed the belt as well you seem intelligent to go as far as you have but you mentioned a possibility of belt slippage so just though I'd throw that out there

When you changed to a different SC pulley I'm assuming that you changed the belt as well you seem intelligent to go as far as you have but you mentioned a possibility of belt slippage so just though I'd throw that out there
No problem, always important to remember the belt change. But yes, i've changed it too! Tks

what are the advantages and power gain with putting in the new ecu im wondeing. How much power gain from the tune.

Back