Oblivion 5 car show Sunday August 13

Superbird281

I'll be showing my car on the field. It's not a typical car show. It's more of an exhibition of styles and designs from the 1980s and 1990s including the cars of course. It should be worthwhile to come and take a look at everything.

I got email notification yesterday that registration for this year opens June 8th.
Anyone else planning on going?

Sent my registration in last night, we'll see if the car get's accepted.
They are sorta particular who they let in I guess, have to supply 3 pic's & a few lines about the car
for them to review.

It looks as if they at least have a larger venue this year. I wanted to go last year but the venue was small and there was no off street parking for spectators. Kelso Conservation area is very much larger. I still bugs me that you have to be vetted to be on the show field. That is pretty lame in my view. And don't even mention the dress code. In 1993 I was wearing jeans and a t shirt. I have stepped up to golf shirts but you get the point. I will take a pass this year again. I prefer shows where all are welcome and not chosen by some committee. I was turned away from a show in Whitby a few years back. I think the words were 'your car is too new, get lost'. Not exactly the spirit of the car culture that should be displayed.
Alan

Sent my registration in last night, we'll see if the car get's accepted.
They are sorta particular who they let in I guess, have to supply 3 pic's & a few lines about the car
for them to review.
I havn't got accepted yet? My Wife submitted her 87 AMC Eagle 2 days later & was accepted less then 12 hours later. Maybe they already have a S/C regestered & only accept 1 of each model?

Back