Offset pros needed

product_photo-xlarge_image-433.jpg

product_photo-xlarge_image-449.jpg

product_photo-xlarge_image-46.jpg

product_photo-xlarge_image-49.jpg

Add some contrast to it so do Charcoal or Even bronze if you would like. But bronze will get old quick.

Those ForgeLine's are over a $1,000 a wheel. Two wheels are worth more than the majority of SC's on the road right now. :eek:

Oh and Rico, my dated BBS's have a stepped lip :)

Yeah. But the spoke style, bright silver and single construction was circa 2000..... When BMW was doing deep dish on all thier cars. Nothing wrong with old school BOyyyyyyyyyyY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheels are an investment you wil llive with for awhile unless you do the typical mustang 1200 specials. Tires go bald buy new rims. I couldnt find anything off the shelf I liked that I thought would fit. The forgelines look neat but super expensive. I just couldnt bring myself to buy.

As far as Micahs rims. I liked the BBS that he had moreso then his new ones. Some rims do get dated but I think those style BBS are classic.

Is there not anything you like in an 05 up mustang offset or do you really just want to invest. Those forgelines are sweeeettt

Okay so from the looks of this thread your ideal setup is a nice set of wheels with good fitment that doesn't break the bank. No offense to anyone who may run them but TSWs, saleen/cobra/mustang wheels are cheap and heavy. Like Damon said once the tires wear out go get a new set. OR If you want a solid, light set of wheels you need something either flow formed or forged. From the earlier posts you would like a stepped lip mesh style wheel. So I'll post you some reccomendations at the end of my post.

Now regarding fitment. Everyone uses anecdotal evidence about what fits and what doesn't and everyone has their own opinion about what looks best. I'm of the "hellaflush" generation and I have very aggressive wheel specs on my SC.

6125538492_48a73651f6_z.jpg

But my tires never rub and I'm lowered 2" because I perfectly chose what the car can fit and what it can't. And I've been on this forum for about 6 years so I know what all you old guys :p like. So here is my input as to the MAX size you can fit on your car since you said you had a roll. If you follow my guide you will have a very aggressive but perfectly functional setup. If you want less aggressive, still use the guide but add 10 to the offset. If you buy new from a company like Forgestar you get to pick the offset so pay attention!

The stock wheels are 16x7.5 et38 with a 225/60/16.

My specs are 18x9.5 +20 front with a 245/40/18, and 18x9.5 +15 (same wheel with 5mm spacer) and a 255/45/18 in the back. Front fenders are stock and rears are rolled flat. I used to have the 255/45/18 in the front too but it was too meaty looking so I sidewalled down.
http://i.imgur.com/yOi1ch.jpg <-car

If you want to run 19s, the most you can go is 19x10 +30 with a 275/40 tire in the back. You can't run any lower offset than this without rubbing or stretching the tire which I know you don't want to do.
For the front, personally I would want to go staggered. So if I went with a 19x9.5 I'd go 19x9.5+30 with the same 275/40 tire. The narrower the wheels, the lower the offset you can run.

As for wheels, I'll be buying a set of Forgestars next most likely. They're the cheapest high end wheels on the market and are flow forged with customizable widths, offets, and finishes. A true brand new bespoke set of wheels can be had from them for well under $2k. http://www.forgestar.com/v2/wheels.php If you like any of those let me know I am a forgestar dealer.

Also, look in the used market!

The king of stepped lip mesh style wheels in my opinion is the Work VS-XX.

dbad3450.jpg

Three piece forged Japanese steel. Strong, light, and super sexy. Same brand as my wheels.

While not stepped lip, the BBS RK is one hell of a wheel and are affordable second hand (discontinued). I know they've been put on an SC before.
attachment.php

Enkei RPF1. Classic racing wheel that's very affordable. I also know these have been put on SC's before.
rpf1-large.jpg

Other brands to take a peek at: DPE, HRE(Expensive!), iforged, Work, etc.

Last edited:
ForgeStar is looking more and more likely. Could you PM me your e-mail address?

As per that double lip thing
TSW Valencia - Can't get proper offsets
ASA AR2 - Can't get proper offsets
Work Meister MR1 - Can't get proper bolt pattern

Thanks for the help everybody. I've given up the hunt for the double lip rims and have decided to go with ForgeStar's. Unlimited range of offsets as they are custom made. Up for comments and suggestions to fill in the blanks.

18 Combo
Front 18 x 9 w/ 245/45 or 255/40 (spindle clearance any one?) @ 38MM
Rear 18 x 10 w/ 275/40 @ 40MM

or

19 Combo
Front 19 x 9 w/ 245/40 or 255/40 (spindle clearance any one?) @ 38MM
Rear 19 x 10 w/ 275/35 @ 40MM (285 not available)

I have found 19" tires to be affordable and verified that the sizes the wheels require are available. What will sway my mind is how expensive the difference is in stepping up from 18 to 19" wheels.

I've been using fastEd's car to assist me in decision making on the 19's. He had complained about slight rubbing upfront so I went with a 38MM front offset.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91388

Another factor for me to consider is that I only have a 1" drop whereas others have a 1.5". I'd like to fill in the wheel wells without having to lower it.

Last edited:
If you are doing 255 you should do 35mm. 245 will give you a stretched look. 255 40 19 might be too tall.

I like Ed's rear wheels, but he had problems with his fronts. They rubbed on the spindles at +40 so he spaced them out 3mm hence your idea of +38. The problem is that moves the tire out. It also means that your 255/40 is taller than the rear, but a 245/45 will be stretched fitting on a 9" wheel. The 245 fits best on an 8.5" wheel.

So on the front I'd go 19 x 8.5 with a 32mm offset. What that does is narrows the rim by 1/2 inch all on the inside leaving your look the same as Ed's (well 3mm less since you won't need a spacer), and proper fitment for a 245 tire which is exactly the same diameter as your rear tire.

I like the 19's. 18's are old school anymore, and 20's are played out. 19's mean you mean business. :D

I have access to Ed old car if you need measurements. I have driven the car and have never noticed any rubbing. I have not had any complaints from the current owner I seem to do most of the work on car.

Alright lets take another swing at this.

19" Combo

Front 19 x 8.5 w/ 245/40 @ 32MM

I can step the rears down to 19 x 9.5" if we believe that the 275 would fit better?

Alright lets take another swing at this.

19" Combo

Front 19 x 8.5 w/ 245/40 @ 32MM

I can step the rears down to 19 x 9.5" if we believe that the 275 would fit better?

If you step down to a 9.5" wheel then offset will drop to 36mm allowing you to split the difference and keep the tire in the same spot.

Which tire you use depends on how you want them to fit the rims. If you want a pulled look like Micah, then you'll want the 275 on a 10, and might even want the 245 on a 9. But, if you want the tire to be square against the rim like Ed's, then you will need to do the 8.5/9.5 wheel size.

Id go 265 fronts if available and do 9" fronts. 35mm offset will give you spindle clearence. Fender should be ok especially if you have 1" drop.

Some trembling might be experinced but the car will stick to the road alot better and you will match the rear witdth a little better.

Back