parasitic battery drain

tbirdtony

still dealing with my battery drain issue. i have had it to 2 shops and they have essentially given up on it. they checked all fussed circuits and could not find a drain on them. my question is are there circuits that are not protected by a fuse that might be draining the battery. it will not hold a charge more than a few hours

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
Check your EVTM, some are just protected by fusible links at starter relay. That's a pretty heavy draw-kills the battery in 2 hours? I'm surprised something isn't getting really hot or smoking,.Alternator-intrenal diodes?

KMT

How are you re-charging the battery between depletion? Have you used a digital battery/alternator health meter to check both?

Any aftermarket car alarm, car stereo?

I would lift the black box (PDB) next to the battery and check underneath for melting/bridging/corrosion etc.

Non-fused ~ fusible-linked, always-on/HAAT circuits include ABS pump, circuits at IRCM:
1651959431320.png

tbirdtony

How are you re-charging the battery between depletion? Have you used a digital battery/alternator health meter to check both?

Any aftermarket car alarm, car stereo?

I would lift the black box (PDB) next to the battery and check underneath for melting/bridging/corrosion etc.

Non-fused ~ fusible-linked, always-on/HAAT circuits include ABS pump, circuits at IRCM:
View attachment 96906

Check your EVTM, some are just protected by fusible links at starter relay. That's a pretty heavy draw-kills the battery in 2 hours? I'm surprised something isn't getting really hot or smoking,.Alternator-intrenal diodes?
what is evtm. the car really dies overnight. i do have a aftermarket radio that i pulled out . thinking that was the problem.

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual. It has wiring schematics & diagrams for almost all the system's of this series, as well as connector & ground locations with some theory of operation & basic diagnostic/troubleshooting procedures. The pic above of the fusible links posted by KMT would be from it.

Everyone that has these cars, should have 1 or access to a copy of it. Especially for systems that are specific to this model. Engine controls, A.B.S. Ride control, variable assist steering,, passive restraint & the JBL system.

tbirdtony

Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual. It has wiring schematics & diagrams for almost all the system's of this series, as well as connector & ground locations with some theory of operation & basic diagnostic/troubleshooting procedures. The pic above of the fusible links posted by KMT would be from it.

Everyone that has these cars, should have 1 or access to a copy of it. Especially for systems that are specific to this model. Engine controls, A.B.S. Ride control, variable assist steering,, passive restraint & the JBL system.
ok i just ordered an evtm from shop manuals.com and i will check under the fuse box in the engine compartment